How rare?

Laxaholic

Adventurer
Quick question: How rare is a '97 T4R in white, with 4x4/2,7litre/5spd?

Anyone have the 2.7 here?

Last edited:

pluton

Adventurer
5-speed is rare, 4 cyl is rare. If it has hand-crank windows it's be the rarest 4x4 4Runner possible. I'd have bought that...or at least looked at it... if it had come up during my 8 month 4Runner search 2012-2013. I went with a 6-cyl/5-speed with the hideous brown interior 'cause it was otherwise a good one. Good luck...

Laxaholic

Adventurer
I own the runner I'm asking about, just thinking about selling it.

White
4x4
5 speed
9/10 both interior and exterior.
200,000mi
service records

crolison

Observer
I had a 1997 2.7liter, 4x4, 5 speed, black, 4.56 stock gearing. not super rare, but rare, especially with 4.56s

basfire

We bought a '97 SR5, 2.7, 5sp, electronic doors, etc. in 2003 with 20,000 miles. My wife drove it until Dec of '15 with 280,000. I replaced the ORIGINAL clutch, 2nd brake job on the front, alternator, fresh tune up then gave it to our cousins young new married daughter. I just drove it the other day on a visit and it is still solid. 308,000! My wife liked it better than her new gen 4runner.

Laxaholic

Adventurer
I think I could drive it another 10 years if needed...it feels brand new. Well taken care of. I just never drive it because I work in Europe most of the year.

99Yota

Observer
Kind of rare from what I have seen.

I've got a '99 2.7 5spd w factory e locker and manual windows/doorlocks. Recently eclipsed 217K and still on the original clutch.

With the 3RZ, I believe the valves need to be checked (especially the exhaust) at about 100K and every 50K or so thereafter. Would have saved me from having the head rebuilt...

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
Not very

I love the 3rd Generation 4Runner more than the next man but I'd be surprised if you get over $2k for it private party. It's simply a dated vehicle with a shrinking market; if you aren't pressed to get rid of it then I say ride it till the wheels fall which may be never but if you are then I'd say sell and move on. As much as I love all that I've done to mine and the places it's taken me it's time for something newer and more luxurious: GX460. Good luck whatever you decide.

Rider192

Observer
I've actually been on the hunt for your very vehicle. My daily driver, a 1998 Tacoma 3rzfe 5sp has treated me well over the last 18 years, but I need something that will haul more than 2 into the mountains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz