How Much Should I Pay?

Ala5ka

VX'er
So my girlfriend needs to get a new car that is spacious and ok on gas, so obviously I suggested a Rover. She charged me with finding her something nice. What I want to know is how much should I pay for a late model LR (late nineties-present) What should I look for in a quality Rover? What are the main issues surrounding a purchase of a Land Rover? Keep in mind she won't be wheeling so it won't need lockers, lift, or Expo gear. Plus not having these things will prevent me from stealing it for my own purposes. Any help is appreciated.

Skookumchuck

Observer
Just look for a stock Disco II and she will be happy. If you go for a defender you are going to be in trouble because you won't be able to stop yourself from stealing it and using it the way it was ment to be used.

Have fun:wings:

Dave Legacy

Adventurer
Considering the intended use how about an 05/06 V6 LR3. V6s go for pretty low dollar amounts, especially 5-seaters, but aren't nearly as powerful as the V8s. It's really no big deal for being a comfortable, spacious, daily driver. I had almost recommended a low-mileage 2004, but realized that I think the LR3 is a better fit. You can be the judge. Good luck.

When it comes to buying a Rover you'll probably have to pass on a lot of them before you find the right price simply because non-enthusiasts tend to think their cars are worth way more than they really are.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Considering she won't be off-roading and given where you live, I wouldn't look for a Land Rover. Definitely not if she wants something with ok mpg.
There are a lot of sedans that would give good mileage and have plenty of room.

Ala5ka

VX'er
A little background, I am from Alaska, living in California for the next two years, often travel between Las Vegas and Arizona about once every two weeks, but eventually I hope whatever we chose will come up to the Great Land to stay. Subarus are very popular but seem to lack the room and clearance that she wants. Clearance and ride height are her main concerns.

glr

Observer
Rebuilt TDCI oR TD5 Defender 110, 25-30mpg on runs. Turbo Diesel is the way, and the vehicles hold their value.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz