How much does your expo Jeep weigh?

Vinman

Observer
How about a quick list of mods and what the rig weighs.

Mine is a 2006 TJ Unlimited Rubicon with the following:
Hardtop
Rear seat installed
Full doors
Warn 9.5TI winch on Warn plate and trimmed stock bumper
Bestop rear bumper
Bestop rear tire carrier with gas can holder
Savvy belly skid with engine skid
Savvy gas tank skid
Garvin roof rack with (2) 42” weather-proof rifle cases
Tuffy glove box,
Tuffy rear half console
Tuffy under seat drawer
Currie upper control arms
Currie steering
JKS quick disconnects
ARB compressor
OME 2” lift
33x10.50R15 BFG KO2’s on stock Jeep Ravine rims

Thats about it for mods

Weight with a full tank of fuel and no passengers is 4,409 lbs
A couple of hundred more than I’d like but it is what it is.

Last edited:

spartancrating1

As much as a city bus lol.
73fff4511301d5f47dc580e1f6cec209.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BigBad408

Observer
2017 JKUR hardtop
Mopar 2” Lift w/falcon shocks
Nemesis Industries flares
GenRight Front & Rear Bumpers
Warn Zeon 10S
Fuel Anza 17x8.5
Toyo 35x12.5x17 R/T

5030lbs empty
5820lbs loaded for travel including people, dogs, fridge, food, water, etc.

SheepnJeep

The list of options I have added includes:
Rollbar
Front winch with steel cable is Koenig/RKI King 100
Rear winch is Koenig/RKI King 100 with synthetic rope and associated PTO stuff. Driveshaft etc.
2x4 steel front bumper
Gerry can
Tools/tow ropes
High back seats
Swing away tire carrier

This extra stuff and some camping equipment puts me right at 2,550 pounds. So I'm pushing over 400 pounds over stock weight.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
It’s a Gobi.

That’s kinda what I figured. I would like a Gobi but they have a 3-6 month waiting list. Crazy. I may end up just going with a Kargo Master or something along those lines. I have a Smittybilt Overland XL that I bought on a Black Friday sell for a good deal but haven’t put a rack on my Jeep yet. Also not sure I want to spend $1800 on a Gobi either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moto-treks

On the road
That is a long wait. The rack has held up well over thousand of miles of rough roads. If I bought a rack again it would be something like a AEV roof rack that is integrated into the rollbar. In addition to the rack I have a warn winch, rugged ridge bumpers with the rear setup to carry two 5 gallon jerry cans, AT stage I & II draws, 9 gallon water bladder with 1.5 gallons of hot water, an ARB refrigerator and running 35” tires with the AEV 3.5” suspension system.

Tswhit15

That’s kinda what I figured. I would like a Gobi but they have a 3-6 month waiting list. Crazy. I may end up just going with a Kargo Master or something along those lines. I have a Smittybilt Overland XL that I bought on a Black Friday sell for a good deal but haven’t put a rack on my Jeep yet. Also not sure I want to spend $1800 on a Gobi either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the smittybilt tent and it works very well on my smittybilt roof rack. The rack was extremely reasonable, price-wise when compared to everyone else and I've abused it for the last two years and it's still going strong. I did replace all the nuts with locking nuts and washers to reduce some squeaking I noticed after a year of using it.

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
I have the smittybilt tent and it works very well on my smittybilt roof rack. The rack was extremely reasonable, price-wise when compared to everyone else and I've abused it for the last two years and it's still going strong. I did replace all the nuts with locking nuts and washers to reduce some squeaking I noticed after a year of using it.

Any pics of your setup? I’ve heard mixed reviews about the Smittybilt roof rack. Some say it noisy as hell and some say it works fine. Would love to see some pics of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Fully loaded, with camping gear, fuel, wife and dog my 2008 WK CRD = 6500 pounds....that much weight is where diesel power shines!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles