How does this Hallmark look?

NivekD

Roaming ROF
Found another Hallmark for sale. This one needs work on the roof (two leaks). $1200 OBO.

It's a 95 and I think its a Cuchara.

What you guys think of this one?

hallmark1_zpsbfc4d0d8.jpg

Thanks.

NivekD

Roaming ROF
Here's one photo that was provided. I'll be going down to look at it in person this afternoon. Just wanted to see if you guys think it's worth it.

I think I can fix the roof myself. Wondering if anyone else has tackled it.

hallmark2_zpsbb9189e1.jpg

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
Just can't tell from the photos, so you'll have to use your best judgement. There are a lot of considerations, one of which is your abilities. The biggest in my opinion, is work/time vs. fun equation: How much fun will you miss out on repairing this instead of buying on ready to go? It could be a bargain at that price if you can fix the roof properly, or it could turn into a money-pit. I see you are in Utah, so there a quite a few TCs around, but I'm sure you've been looking. Nothing wrong with buying a fixer-upper if you know what you're getting in to and have the time to fix it.

I bought mine (which needs/needed some work) after looking for over a year, and making some concessions on price vs. condition. I know where you're coming from.

NivekD

Roaming ROF
Thanks Sock, I'll know a lot more after I look at it. I don't want to rush into anything but I am anxious. I built a small camper for a compact truck serveral years ago so I'm confident in my abilities. I think if I can get it for a good price I'll be good.

More info to follow...:coffeedrink:

Rot Box

Explorer
Ha small world. My friend bought that hallmark a few weeks ago but ended up going with a FWC instead shortly after. Looks like his brother is selling it for him.. I'd ask him is personal thoughts on it but I don't think he ever actually saw it in person. I guess the FWC suited his needs a little better for whatever reason. If I can help let me know I see him often.

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
Thanks Sock, I'll know a lot more after I look at it. I don't want to rush into anything but I am anxious. I built a small camper for a compact truck serveral years ago so I'm confident in my abilities. I think if I can get it for a good price I'll be good.

More info to follow...:coffeedrink:

OK, just got back from the mountains. What's the verdict?

NivekD

Roaming ROF
Well...I decided to pass on the Hallmark, just too much work and I don't need another project...:). Woke up Saturday morning and looked at the want ads...and there it was, a nice Sun Lite for sale, close and the price was right. Called and went up to look at it. It's been well taken care of and I bought it...:wings:. I may start another thread when I do some mods to it but it doesn't need much.

Camper1_zps0fa6fbf1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior