How do you secure your cargo?

ckkone

Explorer
rgreen.jpg

jerdog53

Explorer
In the back of the jeep the boxes, stove, lantern and such with 1" straps through footman loops attached to the top of the Tuffy drawer

5-8-08014.jpg

Which you can kind of see

then the dog is tied down with one of these
largeimage.asp

7-12-06003.jpg

Box Rocket

You can see my weld in tiedowns that I have in my homebuilt trailer. These are weld-on safety chain loops. Obviously won't work for everyone since they need to be welded on but might for someone still in the build process.
_MG_3390.jpg

I also have these. There are similar products readily available but these happen to be out of a C130. An airforce buddy of mine gave me about 12' of track and 4 "loops" which are VERY sturdy and have full rotation. I'm still deciding where I want to use these.

C-130_Cargo_mount.jpg

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I'm getting to the point in my trailer build that I'm starting to ponder the small things.

Eventually I think I want to have about 4 Versa Tie Track Systems mounted along the interior edges. Gear sorted by type secured in Pelican cases (Kitchen, Tent, Fireside, etc).

Let's see how you guys load and secure the gear in your trailers.

Bump to a good thread. What did you finally install SarSquid?

teotwaki

Excelsior!
The Coretrax bundle (post 3) at Costco still looks like a good deal

CORE combo kit comes complete with:

(2) 4.75” Trax
(2) 48” Trax
(6) Heavy duty Load Locks™
(2) Utility Locks™
(2) 6' Ratchet tie-down straps
Mounting hardware

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
The Coretrax bundle (post 3) at Costco still looks like a good deal

CORE combo kit comes complete with:

(2) 4.75” Trax
(2) 48” Trax
(6) Heavy duty Load Locks™
(2) Utility Locks™
(2) 6' Ratchet tie-down straps
Mounting hardware

That's what I ended up using (x2).

roadkill

Adventurer
a cut and paste from my response in the partition thread:

I went to O'Reilly's and bought the Mr Gasket tie down kit for short bed pickups, cost around $120 if I remember correctly. Mac's tie downs have a similar product but much more expensive. the 6' rail fits perfect on my M416, I have it mounted at the bottom of where the bed first flares out. you can buy extra tie down points ($20 for two), which I did. the best thing about this system is you can move the tie down anchors where you need them and when you don't need them you have a virtually uncluttered bed (that is if you even consider the minimal space these rails occupy and where I mounted them it is rarely if ever occupied) if your cargo is not as tall just mount the rails lower, my location was based on tying down jerry cans and works well. if you have some smaller cargo you can buy 1' long rails and mount accordingly. while partitions are nice they do not securely hold your cargo down, any bumps or off camber or God forbid a roll over and your cargo is not going to stay in place. works for me, is not neccasarily cheap but it also adds a negligable amount of weight.

I don't have any close pics of just the rails but these should give you an idea
DSC04897.jpg

DSC04867.jpg

DSC04940.jpg

UNI

Adventurer
We mounted our Core-Trax bars across our Jeep rack (From drivers side to passenger side) and used the Core-Trax bolt & loop brackets.

2075508720100746432S600x600Q85.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior