How do you level your rig when camping?

alanymarce

@50 yrs of happily using these simple, cheap and effective techniques:
  • Leveling blocks
  • Try to find flat ground, or don't bother leveling
We've used the second of these successfully for about the same period. In extremis - find a rock or two.

zb39

Adventurer
You just described my dream system.

How has that worked out for you? Looking on the site, they look shockingly affordable!

My biggest concern with a system like this would be long term maintenance.
It has worked very well for me. The best thing about the system is the ride is super nice. leveling is just a nice perk. The ride is AWESOME. I had it installed at the factory and saw the many Ram trucks that Kelderman owns. They are used VERY HARD everyday. Hauling MASSIVE loads and HUGE trailers. They just keep going. I am not concerned in the least with this system. Air suspension has been around a long time on busses and trucks. They run HARD everyday. It is the best mod I have ever put on any truck I have owned and I have owned a lot over the years.

We've found GoTreads to be a quick and easy leveling device. Blue Ridge Overland Gear makes a nice storage bag that keeps the muck out of our Canopy Camper. We've also gone through phases of using rocks, but of course they aren't available in every region. Most of all, we make it a habit to choose camping places where we can possibly level.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
We've found GoTreads to be a quick and easy leveling device. Blue Ridge Overland Gear makes a nice storage bag that keeps the muck out of our Canopy Camper. We've also gone through phases of using rocks, but of course they aren't available in every region. Most of all, we make it a habit to choose camping places where we can possibly level.

Great tip, thx ? for sharing this multi purpose tool!

Im definitely looking into these.

ReluctantTraveler

Gotta love a good multi-purpose option!

Umnak

Adventurer
I don't level and never expect to. We spent 20 years under tarps and inside bivies on all kinds of Alaskan beaches to worry about a 2% incline in the truck camper.

Umnak

Adventurer
How about sleeping at an angle in your bed?
I'd say the most we've had was around 2% east-west and 3% north-south. That's not too bad, and often the east-west is in our favor with the height at our heads. So, never really been enough of an issue to warrant having levelers. I have moved the truck on more than one occasion to offset a particularly steep incline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier