How do you get your dog in and out of your RTT?

blacktaco

Think I'm going to make a 7ft plank with carpet or something for grip that folds in half. See if my dog will even want to try using it, otherwise he's under the tent in the bed. He's 140lbs though so not very easy getting him into a tent 5 ft off the ground

This has been a concern of mine for sometime as well! We have a Vizsla and they do not sleep alone! After this last weekend out with a friend who has a RTT and getting a look at the unit I think we'll manage just fine!
We have a vizsa too! I'm deciding whether to build a ramp or what to get her up on the RTT on the back of our truck

Strider

Observer
I have the same dilemma, and I am still trying to figure out what to do. Have thought of the carpet on the hood idea, but I want a clamshell like the Alu-Cab RTT.
I don't like the annex idea at all. I can picture a dog tearing a hole through the fabric and dissapearing; either from boredom, wanting to take off after an animal, or thunder. Sound asleep, you may not hear anything. I'd say either find a way to put him/her up in the tent, or keep him/her in the vehicle. Just hope the pooch doesn't get a need to use the woods: won;t have a way to tell you and there may be a very nasty surprise come morning!

sned

My last dog 50+ lbs boarder collie and aussi mix had no issues being picked up and carried up the ladder.

New dog, another 50lb+ boarder collie, aussie and white swiss shepherd hates to be picked up, trying to get him to accept it but will see how that goes.
Going to try the mats on the hood and windshield but still need to get him on the hood.

Pic of new dog.
20201222_124834_resized.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94