How do you carry your fly rods?

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I bought a Denver Outfitters Rod Vault last spring when they were on sale for like $350. Right now they are on sale for $400. Definitely worth the money. Especially on trips where you make quick stops with the family for lunch by a lake or river and want to make a couple of casts while the kids are finishing up lunch.

Tighten everything more than you'd think. It will definitely move around on the highway if you under tighten it.

Explorerinil

Observer
I bought a Denver Outfitters Rod Vault last spring when they were on sale for like $350. Right now they are on sale for $400. Definitely worth the money. Especially on trips where you make quick stops with the family for lunch by a lake or river and want to make a couple of casts while the kids are finishing up lunch.

Tighten everything more than you'd think. It will definitely move around on the highway if you under tighten it.
I just bought one on their sale for my sage foundation rod. Did u use locktite and still having issues with it moving? I build rod holds but nothing for fly rods, I just broke mine down and left it behind the seat, next season I’ll just leave it on my truck all season ready to go.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I just bought one on their sale for my sage foundation rod. Did u use locktite and still having issues with it moving? I build rod holds but nothing for fly rods, I just broke mine down and left it behind the seat, next season I’ll just leave it on my truck all season ready to go.

I only put mine on for trips to the mountains. I break it down between trips. Honestly, I've only used it for one trip from South Louisiana to Wyoming. That much high speed driving was just too much for how I tightened it. Stupidly, I didn't bring the allen wrenches to fix it. I don't think it is an issue just something to be aware of when assembling it.

towee

B85B54C8-4DBB-4251-BD7A-52815D46533C.jpeg504C1ABC-0CAA-4D3B-BF0A-FA3C57B0C499.jpeg

I used to have a rod vault they worked great but the roof space has been taken up by other things so now I just use Velcro straps mounted to the ceiling of my canopy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles