How can 200 series be this prolific on Craigslist?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Not that shocking, even here in SLC where we have a large concentration of various make/model LC's Craigslist Is going to yield predominantly late model stuff and often from dealers. Places like Mud, TLCA FB, etc are going to be the posits, tons for 4x, 6x, 7x and 8x but less later models

AFSOC

Explorer
Not that shocking, even here in SLC where we have a large concentration of various make/model LC's Craigslist Is going to yield predominantly late model stuff and often from dealers. Places like Mud, TLCA FB, etc are going to be the posits, tons for 4x, 6x, 7x and 8x but less later models

Kurt, those are fair assumptions and if the subject Craigslist search was for "Dealer" inventory only, it would not be shocking. However, the Craigslist search I mentioned was for "all" Land Cruisers, which includes private owners and dealers. If you consider the sales numbers for each series (especially 200s), I think it really is remarkable that there are more listed 200s than any other series.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Kurt, those are fair assumptions and if the subject Craigslist search was for "Dealer" inventory only, it would not be shocking. However, the Craigslist search I mentioned was for "all" Land Cruisers, which includes private owners and dealers. If you consider the sales numbers for each series (especially 200s), I think it really is remarkable that there are more listed 200s than any other series.

In Nevada it's the opposite. I've never seen a 200 series on Craigslist. I can never find a used one at a dealer.

SmoothLC

Explorer
I believe you, but found one in LV a week or two ago. Red/maroon with a color-matched ARB bumper for a great price. I think it was around $33.5 or so. It kept popping up in my FB feed for the last two weeks. It was very tempting.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
I believe you, but found one in LV a week or two ago. Red/maroon with a color-matched ARB bumper for a great price. I think it was around $33.5 or so. It kept popping up in my FB feed for the last two weeks. It was very tempting.

A 200 series for 33? I doubt it was real.

daPitbull

Adventurer
I think it depends on the region. I'm in the market for a 200 and there not many listings in my area.
I've also seen some mid $35k 200 series but they've got close to 150k to 200k miles.

We've noticed that it takes about 8 years for people to start building Landcruisers because the price drops and they start popping up on CL due to people upgrading to the latest model. Also tends to be around that time between model updates from Toyota, so we're due for a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles