Hourless Life: Documenting Our Global Overland Adventure

Hourless Life

We've completed our inventory, and have essentially packed the rig. This Sunday we leave Texas and start making our way to Colorado for Overland Expo Mountain West.

We also just published the first video in our next series: Overlanding 101. In this video we talk about what overlanding is and do our best to define it based on our personal experience.

Hope you enjoy and if you're heading to Overland Expo Mountain West or Overland Expo West, we'll see you there! ~ Eric

Hourless Life

Tomorrow we start making our way to Colorado for Overland Expo Mountain West. Can't wait to see so many of our friends. It has been far too long since events. ~ Eric

Hourless Life

3 days 1078 miles and just like that we went from Corpus Christi to Denver.

We'll be stopping by Juniper Overland tomorrow to have a few shakedown items looked at and then we'll hang out in the Denver area for a bit while Brittany takes a wilderness survival course.

Then we head up to Loveland, CO for Overland Expo Mountain West.

On the off chance any of you are going, stop by and see us in the Vehicle Showcase area! ~ Eric

Hourless Life

We just uploaded our second video in our Overlanding 101 series. In this video Brittany and I share what you REALLY need to start overlanding. It is really geared more for folks just learning about the lifestyle, but if you are interested in our take on it feel free to watch.

Hourless Life

I like your introduction to get people out and traveling.

I would like to like to share a item that I have done since 1972 when I got my first Colman stove. They did not have the duel fuel then. You mentioned that you have a blow torch as well. I have been using the Colman stove tank and the rod that goes into the mixer (below the burner). I take the lever and put it in the up (lighting position) with the tank pumped up. I open the gas valve with a match or striker at the end of the rod, and you have a blow torch. This is good for starting a fire if you have damp wood of limited amount of kindling. You do not want to turn the starting lever down it will restrict the volume of fuel need for the blow torch.

I do also have the propane blow torch with soldering past and solder for repairs in the field.

With my business and for my curiosity. I have had as many as 12 different stoves at one time, that I have tried out. The one that I keep as my main stove is the Colman. The Jet Boil for my coffee if I am not cooking a breakfast is my second choice. It does heat the water very fast, so the bottle gas last quite a while for me.

Keep up the good work on your post.

Da Frenchman
Hey Da Frenchman, that's some MacGuyver stuff right there! You're kind of a stove expert, so I'm glad the trusty Coleman is your pick. Brittany is still getting used to it, but we're hopeful it was the right pick for our journey. Only time will tell. ~ E

Hourless Life

Working on our next video in our Overlanding 101 series later today, and practicing our presentation for Overland Expo Mountain West this weekend. This is the order of our day today.

Just because we're "Hourless" doesn't mean we don't have work to do.

It is a huge blessing however, to have our work be our passion. It has been said, that if you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life. Not sure if that is exactly true, but it sure makes what we do special and important for our own safety, enjoyment, and future.

It causes us to hone in our skill in the overlanding space every day which is vital for our preparation in driving around the world.
?

Each time we work on one of our own videos, we educate and refresh ourselves on our own best practices.

We're so thankful and humbled that we get to do what we do full-time. Sometimes it is hard to believe that this is our life now.
❤️

Hourless Life

Update September 16, 2021:

Where even to begin. So much has happened since my last update. We stopped at a friends place last night, which is one of the reasons I'm able to update. We have reliable wifi.

So we've done three events so far and we have two more to go. Next event for us is Overland Expo West where we'll be in the Goose Gear booth. We had a great time at Overland Expo Mountain West. There we picked up 3 more sponsors for our global overland journey. 67 Designs, OK4WD, and GP Factor. We also spoke 5 times at that event and were able to make a ton of new friends. Our rig was on display in the Showcase area there right near the main entrance. We must have given over 1000 tours of the vehicle in the 3.5 days there.

Caspian visited his 37th National Park yesterday. It is probably his last USA National Park for quite some time. We plan to cross south of the border on or about October 9th to begin the global journey.

Our YouTube channel has hit 15,000 subscribers and we've become very active on that platform. We did a full series on the build out of our rig, and currently we're in the middle of an Overlanding 101 series. Oh and we caved and bought a drone upon Brittany's insistence. We got the DJI Air 2S with the Fly More package (extra batteries and what not)

Perhaps the biggest news is that Brittany's passport came in! We are so pumped about that because it was the only thing truly holding us back.

So now with less than a month left, and still 2 events to go, we are feeling it finally. It is becoming real to us and the excitement is building day by day.

Thank you to everyone who has been encouraging us on this journey. We can't wait for our first international stop of interior Mexico and Margarita and Siesta time. ~ Eric

autism family travels

Awesome guys. Our plans have been put on hold for right now. Just a S&%Tstorm of things all at once. It's great to see you on your way! We are going to start back up next spring for camping. We will be following along with you guys!

Hourless Life

Awesome guys. Our plans have been put on hold for right now. Just a S&%Tstorm of things all at once. It's great to see you on your way! We are going to start back up next spring for camping. We will be following along with you guys!
So sorry things got put on hold for you guys. But life happens. No worries. Just keep pushing towards your goals and you'll get there. Definitely wishing all y'all the very best. Appreciate you following along. Next video is really special for us. ~ Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles