Hourless Life: Documenting Our Global Overland Adventure

ThePartyWagon

Y'all this is a great article about amazing families doing incredible things in the overlanding space. Hope you enjoy it. ~ Eric

Perfect timing for an article like this. I was planning on selling my vehicles and starting a new build in anticipation of future kids, even had a buyer lined up for this evening. I asked ExPo if my ideas were realistic and most folks said, you cannot plan for children, as much as you may try. In the end, I chose to keep my current vehicle, at least until vehicle supply chain issues are resolved, and we'll address family overlanding needs once we actually have kids.

Awesome first hand information from families already doing it.

Thanks!

-Morgan @ Equipt

Hourless Life

Perfect timing for an article like this. I was planning on selling my vehicles and starting a new build in anticipation of future kids, even had a buyer lined up for this evening. I asked ExPo if my ideas were realistic and most folks said, you cannot plan for children, as much as you may try. In the end, I chose to keep my current vehicle, at least until vehicle supply chain issues are resolved, and we'll address family overlanding needs once we actually have kids.

Awesome first hand information from families already doing it.

Thanks!

-Morgan @ Equipt
Hey Morgan! Didn't know this was you on here. Just gave you a follow. Please say hi to the crew at EQUIPT for us!

The bottom line is that it is doable with children. As my wife wrote in this article, there are folks right now doing it all over the world with their children. Truly inspiring to me to get to know these folks. ~ E

Hourless Life

In today's video, we cover everything about our clothes for global overlanding and show you how we pack it all into our Jeep Gladiator AND what we do when we need to leave the Jeep for any reason.

Hope you enjoy and find this video helpful. We appreciate you being part of our community as we drive around the world.

As always, we're available if any questions come up! ~ Eric

Hourless Life

We'll be going live tonight at 7:30PM Central Time to update on our global overland journey and answer questions. We are wrapping up Mexico soon and heading into Central America.

We invite you to join us this evening! ~ Eric + Brittany + Caspian Highland | Hourless Life

Hourless Life

The Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico is incredible! We have been here just shy of 2 weeks and have been to cenotes 3 times already! The entrance to each cenote is unique and a bit perilous. The method of getting out to the cenotes themselves is an adventure in and of itself!

This week we share a trip out to the cenotes so you can get a first person perspective on what you experience on a trip like this. Feel free to ask any questions.

Hope you enjoy! ~ Eric

Hourless Life

If you've been looking for a small portable power station for your overlanding travels, this is a great little unit. I cover the pros and cons in this video and am happy to answer any questions.

#portablepowerstation #overlanding #hourlesslife

Hourless Life

No grocery store, no gas station, but this sleepy little Mexican beach town is still paradise to some.
We drove our Jeep Gladiator down here to El Cuyo, Mexico.
Is this your kind of place? Would you consider this paradise?

#hourlesslife #overlanding #mexico

Hourless Life

We did it! We made it into Central America. This is a special milestone for us.

And this video is the story of our border crossing into Belize.

Happy to field any questions.

~ Eric

Hourless Life

We are in Southern Belize! While here we drove to the southernmost point we could possibly drive in Belize (Punta Gorda) and visited a Mayan Chocolate Farm where a family who has been producing chocolate the traditional way for generations showed us how they did it.

Also shared about a little...tiny...problem we had with our rig.

Hope you enjoy and if you have any questions, as always don't hesitate to ask. ~ Eric

Hourless Life

A hand-cranked ferry took our Jeep Gladiator across a river to some ancient Mayan ruins in Belize in this next installment of our global overland journey.

Hope you enjoy. Let us know if any questions come up. ~ Eric
#hourlesslife #overlanding #Belize

Hourless Life

Our overlanding journey around the world continues. We are in Antigua, Guatemala now and we got here in time for Semana Santa (Holy Week) and what they do here is incredible! There are rugs made out of sawdust that massive processionals walk over and destroy. This UNESCO World Heritage City does not disappoint. We hope you enjoy the journey with us.

Happy to field any questions about overlading down here or Antigua. Let me know! ~ Eric

Pax2525

Adventurer
ANTIGUA GUATEMALA VOLCANO HIKE (we roast marshmallows on the top of this active volcano)
Hiked up an active volcano and in this video we take you with us!
Hope you enjoy! Open to any questions. ~ Eric

#antigua #hourlesslife #overlanding #guatemala

Did the same hike in 2008, Guatemala is my favorite country we've traveled to. Our tour guide spoke no English and carried a sawed off shotgun for protection (ideally for us but who knows) nonetheless, amazing experience and definitely something you can't do here in the states

Attachments

• IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    499.8 KB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior