HOT WATER TANK FOR 2021 SUBARU OUTBACK

L0GG3R_LIFE

Has anyone ever did this?

I have been wanting to add a water tank to my Outback and all the plug and play tanks out there attach to racks.

My plan is to fabricate an aluminum tank or plastic tank between 8-12 gals and add a 12vdc water pump and 12vdc heating element connected to a thermostat. I want to run the inlet and outlet lines through the wheel well wall and mount through the rear bumper for quick connection without having to open the hatch.

I came across this online but the company does not make custom tanks it runs 500 plus.
intercooler tank.jpg

L0GG3R_LIVING

Attachments

• intercooler tank.png
    intercooler tank.png
    257.8 KB · Views: 24

RacerAV

I've seen water tanks that would be WAY cheaper and be pretty close to what youre plan entails! I'll look around too.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
We have been selling 12v water tanks for years. Although not custom.... Here is what to watch out for:
1. hot water expands and you need to make sure your tank can handle this (you need a release valve also)
2. You need to limit the temperature range to avoid boiling (think about pressure and the danger of that)
3. Needs to be insulated, especially in the spare wheel location. Otherwise you are loosing tons of energy by heating the surrounding metal
4. Pressure test it! Most RV water pumps generate a lot of pressure... Or use a pressure reducer.

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles