hot water system BOSS XCw20

Gtdad

Adventurer
So here is a little story.. I purchased localcally at Princess auto Online the on demand xb13 , the simplest shower system from mr heater. I tested it and took it camping and it just kept failing to work . I tried chaing batteries , re levelling it etc and gave up. I returned it to the closest princess auto which got my my money back yay!I really liked the idea but was sadly let down.
I had been on Mr heaters FB page previously so I left them a comment outlining what happened thinking nothing of it. Just a short comment.
2 mins later I get a message from MR Heater saying they wanted to "make it right" I let them know I had already returned it and got my money back. They said no problem we will send you another one FREE.
They then asked for my address and and which model I wanted, so Of cource I went for the fancy one with the built battery etc.
Well it showed up here to via Fedex free of charge today.!
Not sure if any of you have seen them so Im going to get my wife to set it up and write a review. I figure I could pay them back with an honest womans perspective review..
Totally stoked by this amazing customer service.:)
Erik In North Vancouver BC

thefishhawk

Adventurer
that's awesome to hear these days when customers get treated well. that was above and beyond but in the digital age, bad online reviews can spread fast. that seems to be the best way to make a point sometimes and have them listen.

recently I had my air pillow just start losing air all over. it's a sea to summit. kept trying to patch it and it was just like the material was disintegrating all the sudden, pin hole leaks all over and i couldn't stop the flood. It was a couple years old but for how expensive those things are I expected better. I don't mind paying for stuff that lasts. I had already ordered a knockoff to compare it with for my next trip.

So I emailed them not expecting anything especially given it's age. They asked me to email them photos of it underwater so they would know where it was leaking, I did and boom, new pillow coming in the mail. They could have easily ignored me or told me it was out of warranty or something.

We'll see how the next one lasts, it's no fun waking up to a flat pillow a few days into a long trip, to see if it's really worth it but at least they turned a so-so situation into a better one.

Gtdad

Adventurer
Yup a free replacement is above and beyond the above and beyond. Im in canada so the 487usd works out to about 625 dollars of free product. Wow.
Best part is the new one is freaking awesome. My zodi barely lasted 2 trips before the gas jet clogged leaving me high and dry. I ended up dissasembling it even though it is designed not to be taken apart. I cleared the jet debris and works again , doubt i can return that one, but I will try. At the very least the zodi is field strip able now:) and very compact ..

thefishhawk

Adventurer
I didn't look up on the replacement freebie value, yeah, that is crazy they would do that. I'm not familiar with them so I totally thought it was some little zodi type shower.

so you are telling me I can just post on their FB page and.......LOL

Gtdad

Adventurer
I didn't look up on the replacement freebie value, yeah, that is crazy they would do that. I'm not familiar with them so I totally thought it was some little zodi type shower.

so you are telling me I can just post on their FB page and.......LOL
Well that is what happened to me but I doubt they would do it again but they have been running contests and giving some away. I just got really lucky I guess.
I used it today after testing out a mega maverick surf kayak I scored on craiglist . Ive paddled many years of ww including squirt boating and always have loved surfing. First time paddling a real surf kayak.
No waves where I am right now but in the fall theres some good breaks I can get to on Vancouver island.
super stoked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior