Horton minimod ambulance build thread

Lift is done! I went to install a diamond eye 4" exhaust kit today and am having some clearance issues in the back, the exhaust wants to hit the fuel tank. Hopefully I can figure that one out. I have injectors coming tomorrow, but will be down at MEPS all day so I will probably not get to start that project until Friday.

Got the van back from the alignment shop this afternoon and got the new fiberglass fenders on for a little more clearance! Does anyone have any expirience making their own fender liners? I am in need of some sort of plastic or rubber material to make them out of and I am trying to figure out where to get it locally. The new injectors (160cc vs the 90cc stock) come in on Monday, I am a bit daunted by that project, and stressed about needing to get it done before I swear in on the 18th and start my drive to Alabama for Officer Training School.

CaulkinsCo.

I would think thin gauge aluminum or maybe rivet an additional factory plastic inner fender in as an extension to the existing one.

patoz

Expedition Leader
You could probably pick up a set for the front at most any junk yard, and the ones in the rear are generally just a flat piece of plastic or sheet metal that has been formed into a 'U' shape and screwed to the wheel well lip.

Or, there is always this option... ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles