Horizontal LP Tank- Need info...

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
does anyone know where i can locate a manchester or equivalent RV syle horizontal LP tank? im looking for something with ruff dimensions of O.D. 6" by 30" length. Would be about 3-4 gals. i need to source a unit ASAP. I have already tried a bunch of websites etc.. Hoping someone might have first hand info of where i can find one on a shelf...

i had one on order with manchester, but looks like they cant meet my timeframe.

thx

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
check the vw places...or if you can wait till tomorrow am I can email you a pic of one I have here at the house off my old Adventure Wagon VW bus. It is roughly the dimesions you mention..maybe a bit shorter. Works great !
Oh and for you James it is free...it is meant to mount hanging down and has a plate to protect the fittings.
I was going to mount it on my roof rack but changed my mind so don't need it.
Watch for a pic early am to this post and in your email.

Trail Monkey

most excellent guys. thx for the help. lance ill watch for that photo, may just work out great.:luxhello:

joetool

Observer
If you do go with the older, free tank from 1leglance, be warned: The older vw tanks have what they call an 'Auto-stop' valve. They are a royal PITA to fill. They fill differently than other tanks and can be over filled easily. They also can get stuck open, leaving you sitting in a parking lot with your van cordoned off and the gas station evacuated; ask me how I know. The newer tanks don't have this issue. you can get upgade kits at any RV store for about 50.00. The VW tanks hold exactly 2.5 gal.

Joe

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I agree with Joe on the auto-valve and small size...I didn't realize you could still get these tanks and honestly I would go new over my used tank.
Sorry I didn't post a pic up as I had to go to work today but I will still snap a pic in the am.
If you can get new then go new for safety and better valves.

Trail Monkey

Lance i should be able to locate a new one now that i know they are a westie item, i can try some of those suppliers on monday. thx for your offer..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles