(hopefully) My new Land Rover 110

Maverick1701

Adventurer
Maybe the owner lost your number? Might want to give it a second try in person?

that is the plan. I am not going to give up too easily.
The truck is about 2hr away (130mi) so it will have to wait until I have a day off....I can't just run down there on my lunch break due to the distance.

Elbee

Adventurer
The speed limit is like 70 in Texas, plus you are cop. So you can make it there in a like an hour ;) :D

meatblanket

Adventurer
Looks like the back portion of a pickup cab is laying in the bed. I'll bet the pickup cab roof is in there also.

These are fun trucks, I bought one in 2011 (soft top LHD) and drive it daily.

Tembo

topless adventures
That one looks like my truck when I found it in Calgary back in 2011. Th British military auctioned off quite a few in Canada from their training base in Alberta. Mine had been bought by someone who picked up a 'lot' of four vehicles in 2003. He sold three on to logging companies and parked one in a storage building he rented. It sat there for most of the next 8 years. When I found it it had only been run occasionally through the years and looked pretty rough. But the Brits had stuck in a fully rebuilt engine/gearbox/t-case in the late 1990s and once it got a bit of TLC it has been the best, most reliable truck I have ever owned. Been to the Moroccan desert twice now in it. I did strip out all the old military wiring harness and replaced it with a Painless Performance harness, but other than that mostly original with only minor mods. I would definitely buy another barn find if I could.
MIne when I hauled it out of the storage building.
Tembo 1.jpg

Last edited:

Maverick1701

Adventurer
I passed through town again today on my way to Dallas, TX. On my way through I noticed the LR had been moved from the barn out into the sunlight. I stopped and snapped some pictures on my way through.

20171031_145118.jpg20171031_145127.jpg20171031_145134.jpg

Last edited:

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Defendersource has a couple tithonus for sale. Also Ebay. Perenties too. In great shape.

I wouldn't waste time with a hoarder who doesn't even have a super rare one. 99 times out of 100 they will let a vehicle rot away to death before they part with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles