Hood scoops for a van.

Shlaytim

AZBADAZ
I went with the medium size, high flow, semi-gloss black powder coat. On the under side of the hood there is two recessed areas that the louvers fit almost perfect, atleast on the diesel hood, I have to check my other van's hoods to see if the same area is recessed. I have a 94' with a 460 and a 92' with a 351. I will check and post results when I get a chance, and here is a close up of the louvers on the hood, will get a under hood shot on here shortly.
photo 4 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Shlaytim

AZBADAZ
Ok guy's, sorry for the lack of post's, a good friend of mine passed away and I have not had a chance to get in front of the computer. I checked out both my 92' and 94', exact same hood as my 06', so the cut out locations are the same. I snapped some pics of the under hood as well. enjoy!
undhdpas.jpg undhddrv.jpg
Oh, and I think that I am going to get some longer rivets for these, the ones provided do work however I think going thru both layers of the hood is better/stronger in the long run.

Shlaytim

AZBADAZ
Thanks for the kind words guys. Not easy at all, but he's in a much better place, and I will see him again someday! Hope to get some more stuff done to the van his weekend, time permitting.

eldomike

May have been asked, how much water do you get into the engine compartment when it rains? Sorry about your friend...

Shlaytim

AZBADAZ
May have been asked, how much water do you get into the engine compartment when it rains? Sorry about your friend...

Its funny you should ask. Living in Phoenix,Az rain is a rare thing, however it did rain last night while I was out and about. Went into a store -not raining, came out of store- absolute down poor. I popped the hood to see how much water was in the engine bay and honestly I had more water on me then what was under the hood(wife shook her head and rolled her eyes when she relized what I was doing). Not that much water was a surprise, and for the sake of "science" I had to hit the biggest puddles on the drive home to see if any water would fly up thru the vents and see if it had any effect on my driving/visibility. My conclusion.......couldnt tell ya,:smiley_drive: I was like a 16 year old kid on my way to prom! no puddle went un-splashed(if thats even a word). The wife and kids :rally_guys: even got into it pointing out the next puddles on our "expedition" home. I guess the short answer is not much more then what would happen going thru a car wash or driving down a wet road, unless you drive like I did and it would be A LOT more!:wings: hope that helps and thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94