HONDA E - gorgeous small EV

D

Deleted member 9101

For 1/2 of the driving that I do, it would be perferct.

Wallygator

Adventurer
Starts at $32,000, in other words, ripoff. Would lean towards a end of the year model Nissan Versa for around $12,000 for city duties.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Starts at $32,000, in other words, ripoff. Would lean towards a end of the year model Nissan Versa for around $12,000 for city duties.
It's not simply a bunch of lead-acid starter batteries.

Also, did I mention that the front wheels can turn 45 degrees and that the Honda E is rear wheel drive?

Yes, I would really like this. I think it would be a fun car.

Slurrgin

Certainly good for daily driving and seems very efficient. Nice turning radius is a good boost too, but I'm not wild about the look of it. The braking system looks to be good as well. The inside looks like the command center for a space station - not sure if I'd like that or not.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Certainly good for daily driving and seems very efficient. Nice turning radius is a good boost too, but I'm not wild about the look of it. The braking system looks to be good as well. The inside looks like the command center for a space station - not sure if I'd like that or not.

True. THey went a bit overboard with the interior screen area. Outside NA it will actually have those side-view cameras with the "mirror screens" at the sides. The two huge screens could easily have been cut to one, but it's still looks simple to me.

The look of the exterior is of course also a matter of taste.

Wallygator

Adventurer
It's not simply a bunch of lead-acid starter batteries.

Also, did I mention that the front wheels can turn 45 degrees and that the Honda E is rear wheel drive?

Yes, I would really like this. I think it would be a fun car.

It probably would be fun but IMO I don't think it's worth $20K over a similar type vehicle.

F350joe

Little more than a 100 mile range is a non-starter for most of us on this side of the pond. If you were to double the battery capacity and increase the charge rate, then maybe, but it would be priced in Tesla territory at that point.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
It's a city car. Not for overlanding. But, yes, it will probably be more use in Europe and other places where things aren't out in the boonies. On the other hand, I can't see why you couldn't use something like this in, say, Brisbane, Melbourne, or Sydney. It is, after all, a city car. Or a commuter car, if you will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles