Home made jeep camper

tipler

I found this one day on youtube and had to share. I do not know the gentleman/mad genius that grafted a fiberglass truck cap to the room of a LJ but I applaud you sir. You need your own theme music for when you enter a room.

well done!

Se7en62

Adventure Seeker
That took some balls to commit to the design. I dig it for a home-built rig and although it looks like it'd have a scary COG, I bet it's not TOO bad. What do those camper shells typically weigh? Maybe 150-200lbs?

SGNellett

Adventurer
Yeah, it's not something I would want to do to mine, but I suppose worst case scenario is you remove the modified roof and replace it with a soft top. It looks like there were minimal if any mods to the Jeep itself, just the top.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
That took some balls to commit to the design. I dig it for a home-built rig and although it looks like it'd have a scary COG, I bet it's not TOO bad. What do those camper shells typically weigh? Maybe 150-200lbs?

thats not far off, I think full size long bed hits near 300, so its not an easy instal

02rangeredge

Adventurer
it is impressive, and that looks like some damn clean glass work, a little carpeting inside and lights in it and it could be pretty awesome- still looks a tad sketchy with its height though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94