Home made earth cruiser kind of cool. $40K SF CA

sandinmyshoe

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/rvs/d/san-rafael-mitsubishi-fuso-fg-4x4-rv/7040517712.html.

I kind of like this and it seems like a lot of features on paper for this amount of $$. However it is an unaltered Fuso which I think means it is wicked slow and rattles your teeth and organs if you drive on anything much rougher than virgin pavement.
I feel like a crawl through, a bigger bed, different AC and some other decisions would make it more my cup of tea, but I drove a few Fuso's and they really are not fun to drive (or get fixed I hear)
Some smart ideas and a cool form factor. Full disclosure I built something almost 2x this weight, with 300% of the features, but it in the end is getting taken apart, I can see why the unicats and gxv units that are truly engineered and custom cost so much, there is a lot of work and R&D to make one of these kind of trucks, large medium or small. I hope it finds a new home, for that price, maybe a beautiful blank canvas with a nice background started?

***(first post on here ever! love reading everyone's adventures)

nyyankees588

That's a sweet rig. I've never driven a Fuso, but they seem like a super capable off-road vehicle. As the add says, when you compare the price for that to something like a 4x4 sprinter, you're getting a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles