Holly Batman! '85 609D Mercedes camper.

Abitibi

Explorer
092c3405acf109cbcbcccef6ec54c1d6.jpg

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/rvs/5353481686.html

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Funny one of the rules in driving in third world countries is don't drive at night . I guess the PO did not subscribe to that premise.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Why would he be worried about driving at night. Turn all the lights on, and you'd need sunglasses on even in heavy fog in the middle of the night :)

If I had that, I'd make my wife sit in the chair on the back porch and act like she was just sitting there reading a book while we're driving down the road

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
If I remember correctly the previous one was a G-wagen with a whole-lotta-light.

Yep. It was a G280 on eBay about a year ago:

G280 with lights.jpg

But there's something freaky going on here . . . both last year's G280 and this year's 609D are from Abbotsford, BC. Apparently someone there has a business attaching driving lights to zany Benz campers. Somebody from Abbotsford, give us the story if you know it.

There is, BTW, kind of a cool rig under the 609D's sinister paint and overdone lighting. Very interesting setup.

Last edited:

PGGRS

Observer
I've spoken to the builder. Apparently he's done a bunch this way. He told me this is all the rage in Europe! Not so sure about that, but I'm gonna look him up next time I go thru there. Love to see what he's up to. I did like that Gwagon(minus all the bars & lights of course...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles