Hodakaguy's 4x4 Sprinter Build

crazyhorse90210

Milton 1/4" Male Air Fitting (Quantity 1) - On Amazon Here: CLICK HERE
Milton 1/4" Quick Coupler Air Fitting Male (Quantity 2) - On Amazon Here: CLICK HERE
Milton 1/4" Quick Coupler Air Fitting Female (Quantity 1) - On Amazon Here: CLICK HERE
Milton 1/4" Female Air Fitting (Quantity 3) - On Amazon Here: CLICK HERE
Hey Tom, I'm (mostly) duplicating the system on my Tacoma (which used to be your Tacoma) and you have M and V fittings mixed here. If someone orders this setup through your links it won't work. Don't ask me how I know...

V Quick Couplers will work with M plugs but not the other way around, which is how you have the links.

Amazon has the Milton S-765 1/4" MNPT V-Style Male Coupler but not the Milton S-764 1/4" FNPT V Style Female Coupler as far as I could see. (Maybe that's why you used M Style but then you need to change the plug end links to M-style as well. High flow won't matter on this system much.)

wes

Hodakaguy

Adventurer
Hey Tom, I'm (mostly) duplicating the system on my Tacoma (which used to be your Tacoma) and you have M and V fittings mixed here. If someone orders this setup through your links it won't work. Don't ask me how I know...

V Quick Couplers will work with M plugs but not the other way around, which is how you have the links.

Amazon has the Milton S-765 1/4" MNPT V-Style Male Coupler but not the Milton S-764 1/4" FNPT V Style Female Coupler as far as I could see. (Maybe that's why you used M https://amzn.to/3sK95BbStyle but then you need to change the plug end links to M-style as well. High flow won't matter on this system much.)

wes
Oh dang! Sorry about that, I'll get it fixed asap. Looks like they have the V coupler with a male end included here: https://amzn.to/3sK95Bb

Hodakaguy

Hodakaguy

Adventurer
Hello Folks, for those who have followed me on my past builds this won't be a surprise :). Squirrel mode has once again kicked in and our van is now up for sale. I sold the last vehicle to fund an airplane and ended up building the van instead, now I'm selling the van to make the airplane dream a reality.

If your looking for a quality turn key Adventure Van look no further!. Sales ad here: https://expeditionportal.com/forum/...eady-with-tons-of-extras.234059/#post-3041484

Hodakaguy

anand

Good luck with the sale, it'll definitely be a gem for the lucky buyer....

What sort of winged adventure are you heading into?

Hodakaguy

Adventurer
Update time. We had the van up for sale for a very short time and decided we use it to much so took it off the market. With camping season fast approaching it's time to get a few things done on the van.

I'm tired of constantly unzipping the Mule bag every time I need a paper towel sooooooo......Time to fix that!

I ordered a ratcheting paper towel holder from Amazon (The ratcheting units prevent the towels from unrolling when going down the road or tearing a towel off the road. See video below). Once I had the holder in hand it was time to fabricate a mounting plate to mount it on my L-track in the van.

Supplies used:

Note: The links below are my Amazon Affiliate links, I make a small portion each time someone purchases from Amazon using one of my links, at no extra cost to the buyer. I only provide links to items that I personally like and use myself. i use the money to put back into my builds and support making videos/posts. If you prefer not to use my links you can search for the same items directly off Amazon. Thank you for the support!

Paper Towel Holder: CLICK HERE

I'm using a piece of 1/4" aluminum flat bar to fabricate the adapter/mount for the towel holder. I'll use L-track studs to mount the assembly into the van.

Holes drilled for the mounting studs.

Trimming down the factory towel holder mount to match the width of the aluminum plate.

Marking the corners to round them off.

Drilling and tapping holes for the mounting plate.

Tip for tapping aluminum. Use Anti-Seize for lubricant on the tap, it will prevent galling between the tap and the aluminum.

Fresh satin black paint on the mounting bracket assembly.

Continued Below.....

Hodakaguy

Adventurer
Continued from above....

I decided to mount the towel holder in front of the forward Mule bag, I have a nice open space in that location and it's a perfect location for easy access.

Mounted onto the L-track.

And a roll of towels installed.

And a quick video showing how the ratcheting function works, This unit is slick! Click the link below.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Sprinter...X4sW/0/f805079d/1920/20230205_140704-1920.mp4

Hodakaguy

jgaz

Adventurer
Glad you’re keeping the sprinter, and keeping us updated on the mods.

Love you the how to tips but have one question.
Since you opened the can of anti seize how many unwanted places have you found the paste? I know you know what I’m talking about:ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bock