Hmm can I pull a TW200 apart enough to fit in a Prius

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
OK I need to pickup a TW200 from LA next week and I will have a rental Prius. Do you think that it will fit if I pull the forks and rear wheel plus turn the handle bars??? Anyone have a spare bodybag to put it in :sombrero:

phydough

Observer
I have never seen the inside of a Prius, so I can't really help. But, I think it could be done like you said. Do the back seats fold down?

ih8philly

Adventurer
Well I don't have any information that could help you. But it seems to me that you are now obligated to provide photographic evidence of this if you manage to pull it off. :D

And as someone that has ridden a TW from San Diego to San Bernardino on So.Cal freeways, I would have rather tried the Prius route.

Last edit, if you need any measurements of a TW let me know.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Measurements hmmm that might be a good idea.

Let me dig up a photo and scribble down where to measure.

Thanks

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Stage 1 get the CT90 in to take to LA

OK I didn't get a Prius but ended up with a CMax (Ford Hybrid) instead.

And the Honda does fit without even taking the wheels off.

IMG_1423-L.jpg

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Ok the answer is YES. We removed the forks, plastics and rear subframe. It would of fit with all the plastic and subframe but they are NOS 2012 ones I didn't want to scratch up.

Now to get it running and build a fold up sidecar.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372737646.533291.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372737670.062557.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372737696.273209.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372737646.533291.jpg

CaliMobber

Adventurer
brave man putting all that junk in a rental, Hope all the oil and gas was fully drained! congrats on the successful mission :)

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
brave man putting all that junk in a rental, Hope all the oil and gas was fully drained! congrats on the successful mission :)

Actually a rental was the intelligent choice (cowardly choice). If I tried this with the missus's car I would be hung drawn and quarter and have my husband benefits cut off for at least a year.

All oils etc drained. One fuel tank had never had fuel and the other we drained, flushed multiple times and air dried. Now I have to drive very carefully home as I do not have a full net over the little bits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz