HJ45 Troop Carrier with Trakka Pop-Top

stringtwelve

Observer
Thanks for the feedback. It makes the late nights a bit more enjoyable to get positive input :)

NM-Frontier, we just started an offroad group called Guadalupe Off-Road Club and they have been running all over the Guad's around Queen (without me!). It's mostly Jeeps and Side-By-Sides but they're all good people in spite of their vehicle choice ;) I'm thinking about taking "The Beast" out there this coming weekend if you're interested. Feel free to shoot me a PM for more info.

Ram Jet update: Just finished doing the break-in procedure today and put the next batch of oil in. She's got some attitude now! The ECM will open up the parameters as the break-in continues so I should expect even more horses soon.
I was trying to determine the best place for the intake air temp sensor and ran across a thread on MUD where they suggested the spectre which has a flat spot on the concave portion that could be drilled. So for $25 bucks at Advance Auto I decided to give it a whirl. Took some trimming to get it fitted over the water outlet but it turned out nice.

20140705_202444.jpg

Can't say enough good things about the Dakota Digital gauge cluster I installed to keep tabs on the power plant. I've only begun to tinker with the settings and programming availible on it:

20140704_170359.jpg

I've started acquiring parts for the next phase of the build... starting with the ARB dual pump compressor and a Viair 2.5 gallon pressure tank.
I also have an ARB 50qt. freezer on the wish list but I've got to get my electrical system configured the way I like before things get too crazy. So next on the list is a second deep cell battery in the rear with the intelligent Luna split charge system keeping things balanced right.
Let me know if you have another dual battery system you feel is better than the Luna. (http://www.nationalluna.com/DIY.htm)

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I have both the NL and the IBS with the RBM. Theyre both great but I'm partial to the IBS for some reason. Im still learning the NL setup though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles