HJ 79 for Sale

haven

Expedition Leader
Remember, no chat about price in the "For Sale" section.
If you want to talk about used vehicle prices, do it in
the Fireside Chat area, or in the forum section about the
specific vehicle type.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
As the person selling it isn't the one that's listed it I think it is fair to discuss. That is nearly 3 times more than the asking price of a new one. I would **definitely** call proffitts. They have even sourced the brand new OEM frames and are selling them cheaper than the asking cost...

rugbier

Adventurer
Copley has a selective clientele that will pay that price if that is what they want.

They are the only Dealer that actually gets $ 50,000 for a Defender 90 or $ 90,000 for a Defender 110.

As for the H1 comment more like .001 of a mill ( speaking of POS )
And before you tell me I have no clue, owned a 2002 Open Top and a 2004 Wagon, nice truck to cruise to the Mall like a terminator, horrible off road

Just my $ 0.02

DISCLAIMMER, I have no afiliation with Copley

bjm206

Adventurer
If it is an HJ79 which it appears to be (5 bolt wheels) then the 1979 build date is just wrong. 1999 at the earliest for an HJ79 (1984 for any 70 series vehicle).

Ron B

Explorer
As for the H1 comment more like .001 of a mill ( speaking of POS )
And before you tell me I have no clue, owned a 2002 Open Top and a 2004 Wagon, nice truck to cruise to the Mall like a terminator, horrible off road

wow, you have no clue.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Meaning it is totally fudged/grey market for that price as well... Unbelieveable..

$5 says it came somehow through Greg Mushro / Vintage Off Road who is known for printing fake vin tags...

The 70 series wasn't even made in 1979. Where is the :rolleyes: smiley?

haven

Expedition Leader
I moved this thread out of the "For Sale" category because
everybody wanted to express their dismay at the asking price,
which is $118,000.00. The original post is not from the seller.

Chip Haven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles