HITTING THE ROAD in our GXV Turtle New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, & Newfoundland

dfs9

This video is a glimpse of our 6 month travel to Northeast Canada. We were driving our Global Expedition Vehicle Turtle.

38snubby

Some very nice country there. I really liked the walk through you did of your Turtle. Now that you have owned it for awhile what are your observations about it? What features do you like and what would you have done differently now? I am strongly considering purchasing one of these in the future but one of the drawbacks I can see is that there does not look to be room for extra outside storage boxes. One of the things I would really want is an outside kitchen.

dfs9

We have driven our Turtle 14,000 miles. So far it is everything we wanted in a 4 season, Overlanding vehicle. The size works great for us, I would not want anything larger. We get about 12 mpg, so not bad for such a vehicle. I have never had a Dodge before and so far really like it. The cumin diesel has all the power we need. We have had it in 10 f weather for about 2 weeks when we first picked it up and had no issues.
At this point I would not change anything or add anything.

dfs9

As far as an outside kitchen, ask Global, they will build you about anything you want . I didn’t need any outside boxes so I did not have them included except for the gray water box. Call them they might be able to add that to your build.

38snubby

Wow! Great information. I am glad you are enjoying the Turtle. They just look so well built. How is highway cruising? Does it do well at 70+ mph?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles