Hitch Carrier?

dtruzinski

Explorer
Recently bought and installed a Rack N Ride on my ambo conversion. I did not want to compress my front shocks, so I found a peg mounted rack. These are from Australia and the quality is amazing. That is the optional 6' aluminum ramp. I just idled it up. The kit comes with everything including tail lights, wiring, anti-rattle hitch device. They are warehoused in Denver. These are rated to 400 lbs

Caution: this pic is not in road-ready form because the turnbuckles must be strapped together. (yep strap is included as well)

No affiliation to Rack N Ride. Just a happy customer

RacknRide.jpeg

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Ultimate MX Hauler. It's pricey but yo will not find a better, more secure and easier to load hitch mounted bike carrier out there. Takes about a minute to load a bike on it by yourself.

QlbFxMW.jpg

No one beats the ground clearance or departure angle of this one.

CELTnKe.jpg

Works great back or front of vehicle.

JIJsnJu.jpg

I have had a street bike on it once, for 2,600 miles across the country. It worked but I wouldn't recommend it.
Looking at purchasing a Honda crf 300L rally. This looks like the premier way to transport. Thanks for the info.

BikePilot

I have the moto jack rack, which is basically an upgraded ultimate MX hauler. Works great.

Personally I don't like the idea of a heavy bike on any hitch hauler unless it's on a really heavy duty vehicle. That's a lot of leverage the hitch and vehicle was never intended for. I use mine on an LR4 to tote a Husqvarna 300 (which is about 100lbs lighter than the crf300l rally).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier