Hiking and Camping in Goblin Valley with our FJ62 Land Cruiser

Bhill_teq

With no plans for Halloween, we decided to load up Eleanor, our 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser, and hit the road. Neither of us had ever been to Goblin Valley State Park before, but with a few recommendations from good friends, and some research of our own, we set out for a quick overnighter. GVSP did not disappoint.

Bhill_teq

Nice video. Thanks!

How were the crowds?
Thanks! I don't know what typical Goblin Valley crowds look like, but compared to the rest of the Covid Crowds I have experienced this year elsewhere, they were fairly minimal. Had no trouble with parking, finding dispersed camping, trails weren't over crowded, it was really nice!

Bhill_teq

Well done! Great park and BLM camping area.......till the rains come in and the adventure begins! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! Fantastic little park, and the BLM dispersed camping was great! I can imagine it gets pretty interesting when the rains come in lol.

Bhill_teq

Nice! Where was the drive after breakfast? I plan to head there in April.
Oh man, there's a trail that goes out around Temple mountain, and it was a blast. Had a few rock gardens, some cross-axle sections, but low risk for body damage. Super scenic, and worth exploring!
Great video. Thanks for sharing. Goblin Valley has been on my list for my trip back to Utah to explore more.
Thanks! Put it high on your list - it's such a cool area. The Goblin Valley itself is a trip, but all of the fringe areas around it are very beautiful. Something for everyone!

Bhill_teq

Nice video @Bhill_teq!
Plus, I enjoyed your choice of music.
There's always a bunch of places to explore in and around there but never enough time.
Thank you! I'm not monetized on YouTube, so I figure I'll put whatever song strikes my fancy. ?
Already planning my next trip there, I feel like we didn't scratch the surface on all there is to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94