Hiker Trailer 5x9 Off-Road Build

Hello - beautiful trailer and rig! I am wanting to build something similar. I was wondering if you could see if your axle/suspension has any part numbers or info on it? I am hoping to order something similar. I like the simplicity of the axle, leaf springs, and shocks. I believe its a 3500lb axle and hiker states its a "long soft ride leaf spring" setup. Perhaps this is a standard dexter axle or something, or perhaps its a standard axle that they combine with another companies leaf springs, and then weld on shock perches? The trailer I saw had pro comp shocks. The rest I wasn't sure what it was. Appreciate any info. thanks!

Thanks man! It is a 3500lb axle, and pro comp shocks. I think they used to use OME shocks but probably switched to the pro comps for price point. The whole setup has done well on and off road so I have no complaints. Not exactly sure about the springs but the commenter above is probably right. I can take a look for part numbers tomorrow night if I make it home at a decent time or this weekend.

tae73

Observer
Instead of curtains get your self some reflectix from lowes helps block out the sun/heat and darkens up the inside.

Instead of curtains get your self some reflectix from lowes helps block out the sun/heat and darkens up the inside.

That is a great idea. We ended up having some friends make some black out curtains that snap on to the walls/doors. The side window curtains roll up with a flat dow sewed into the bottom hem and strap to the top with velcro. My lady found some water resistant material which is good in case of condensation inside the trailer.

whizwheel

I have an almost identical trailer I’m working on right now. How did you manage to run the wires for the recessed lights in the ceiling and the porch lights? I don’t see any wires inside or out.

I have an almost identical trailer I’m working on right now. How did you manage to run the wires for the recessed lights in the ceiling and the porch lights? I don’t see any wires inside or out.

I had Hiker run the wiring inside the walls/ceiling when they built it. The only exposed wiring is to the light over the shelf in the gallery but I enclosed that in flex tubing and strapped it tight behind the shelf trim.

sweetfa

Thanks for sharing your experience on using this Hiker Trailer - The idea's and changes you have made make a lot of sense.

Cheers
A kiwi from lil ol New Zealand

sandylasa

Hello,
I know you started this thread a while back but We're interested in knowing what the cabin dimensions are on your unit

Thanks

sandylasa

I understand that. Just wanted to know what the inside dimensions of the sleeping area were. When you added the rear galley, I’m sure it’s not 5x9.
Thanks Anyway

Lmg

I understand that. Just wanted to know what the inside dimensions of the sleeping area were. When you added the rear galley, I’m sure it’s not 5x9.
Thanks Anyway

Sorry, I take the cabin to include the galley.

The info you are wanting is in post #15.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles