Highway robbery with half tons

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Holy Moses, does Ford Canada despise it's customer.

The 2020 MSRP is insane, even with the usual summer employee pricing discounts of 10-12k, paying 40k+ for an XLT SCAB is pretty rich, especially considering how blah Ford's interiors are.

These are trucks I would actually buy. Plain old XLT trucks with the drivetrain and gear ratio and E locker I want. Still need to add brake control and a spray in liner though both these trucks had plastic liners in them, etc but the important bits are there.

View attachment 580336View attachment 580337

It’s built ford tough

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
With low interest rates and therefore very favorable capitalization rates on the cost of money VEHICLE LEASING is once again the Bull In The China Shop!

There are now any number of High Line Brands were vehicle leasing now makes up to 75% of their vehicle sales. Leasing (Renting) allows people the ability to drive a vehicle they cannot afford to purchase outright. In many situations the more expensive the vehicle the more attractive the lease. Right now there are several vehicles out there with lease plans that are far better for the consumer than outright ownership of the same vehicle. Yes these lease plans are far and few between however they do exist on some very expensive "Ego " vehicles.

Banks creating the myth that folks must worship at the credit rating alter, banks and car manufacturer's selling folks the idea that the only way to buy a vehicle is with a monthly payment and desire of so many people to every 3 years git a new vehicle that won't break down fuels this insanity. That "I don't care what it costs just tell me what's the monthly payment" mentality is the way to git what ya want in the good ole USA!

The almighty VEHICLE LEASE is why you see so many new vehicles on the road. Throw in 0% 72-84 month financing options for the rest and it's been a good time for the last 5 years to be a new car franchise store owner!

Last edited:

Grassland

Gah the payment argument

The last salesperson I had said "I understand you aren't a payment guy, so let's talk total price"

Guess who isn't in sales anymore?

The first salesperson I had said "what kind of payment are you looking for?"
Some of the ads I see list options as a weekly cost.
Who can't afford that sunroof at $11 a week?*

*84 month term, $7500 down, OAC

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

:ROFLMAO: I feel like the whole car industry has made it their job to try to tell us what we want.. like dude the last thing in the world I want is a danged sunroof or leather seats.

It's funny how "luxury" is piling tons of features on so they can have a window sticker that looks like a CVS receipt.. just give me the good engine option, any towing and off road upgrades if it's a truck, and air conditioning. I don't even care if the windows are on a crank after that, not because I'm a cheapskate I just don't equate my station in life with whether my car wipes my bum with a warm towel after I make chocolate.

My truck is pretty well optioned out as is my wife’s jeep. You definitely get accustomed to the luxuries. Then I get into my jeep and I get annoyed that I have the pull the key out if my pocket to start the dang thing.

Over the last few years, Ive realized I am fond of proximity lock/unlock, touch start, leather (heated & cooled) seats, heated steering wheel, power windows, power folding mirrors when locking, led bed lights, tailgate step, 360 cameras which helps being in the lifted truck, parking sensors & touchscreen.

I rarely use:
-my sunroof or have the cover retracted to expose the pano roof
-adjustable pedals
-rear heated seats, hell seats have been folded up for 3yrs since its just the 2 dogs who ride back there
-protrailer backup gizmo

The one thing I wish my truck had was heated wipers or deicer, which the superduty is optioned for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94