Highroller Jeeps

da/dt

Anybody know anything about these? They were a fleet of rentals and the dealership I work for is selling three of them. I want to know as much as possible about them so I’m prepared.

Suspension and drivetrain are all stock and I can assemble the list of the expedition components fairly easily, I guess I’m hoping for more details behind the company or stories about the vehicles. I’d also love to know who built the cage the FSR tent is mounted to. Anybody know what’s up with these?
3F93D65F-6C8E-4118-A4A6-4AC6C3DCA60E.jpegBBA6294B-2A24-4193-BE66-46007FDCF570.jpegC38A1BD2-FE3A-406D-918A-3E2D12351581.jpeg8BEE5C76-4C9B-4ACA-83BE-DA451BD9A49F.jpegB94A17B3-E535-433E-BBB1-E1D0CE502478.jpeg

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
With that grill on the spare tire and the front runner tank in the rear footwell they look "South African spec" to me.

-Dan

billiebob

Almost looks kinda cheap but I love the Free Spirit RTT so if the price is right and you want a JKU Sport..... how can you lose.
Quick, easy way to get started. Just drive a hard deal with yer boss.

the angry grill should get a $2K price drop.

86scotty

Cynic
I'm not going to miss an opportunity to join the fun and complain about the silly grills. Those Jeeps are ruined. Unbolt that crap and throw it in the fire and then they will be ok.

da/dt

Thanks for the input all! Good find on that link Kmrtnsn. Those are them, all in German though!

I don’t like the grilles either! Most everything seems high quality: Freespirit RTT and awning, Ridgid lights, ARB or Dometic coolers. I’d be surprised if the rack was lower spec’d than the other stuff. Doesn’t Smittybilt usually have their badge on their products?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I'm not going to miss an opportunity to join the fun and complain about the silly grills. Those Jeeps are ruined. Unbolt that crap and throw it in the fire and then they will be ok.

It makes me wonder if there is a huge repository of factory take off grilles out there somewhere?

86scotty

Cynic
It makes me wonder if there is a huge repository of factory take off grilles out there somewhere?

I think there is, on FB Marketplace or Craigslist where people sell off their OEM parts after they do these silly mods. OP, should be easy to find yourself a factory grill to go back to. I just did a quick search on my local CL and found three.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
There are enough Jeeps running around with aftermarket grills that I think you could easily find someone who would buy that grill if you acquire one of these Jeeps and give you their grill in trade. I know that seems completely ridiculous, but I think it's totally possible to make a profit on that awful thing!

ratled

Adventurer
I think there is, on FB Marketplace or Craigslist where people sell off their OEM parts after they do these silly mods. OP, should be easy to find yourself a factory grill to go back to. I just did a quick search on my local CL and found three.
Might find someone to do a straight across swap..... no trade backs though

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior