Highly capable 416-based Unimog Expedition Motorhome

Esmi

Explorer
My heart is broken

Sorrow for myself and the lost opportunity, pleased for you.

I hope you mentioned the Portal to the new owner, so we can keep abreast of one of the all-time coolest camping gigs under its new stewardship.

By the way, thanks for sharing by posting so much info here and elsewhere about that über-nifty rig.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
What are the odds?

Expedition Will sent word to Jim and me that he, too, had bought an expedition Mog over the weekend.

So, as I pointed out to Will, ponder this . . . given their rarity over here, this has got to be the first time in North America that two Unimog expedition campers have changed hands on the same weekend. Weird, huh? Must be something in the air.

Congratulations to all. (And to AdventureDuo Dave--who once called me the Jay Leno of off-road vehicles--just look how tidy I've got that signature line now. :) )

Berthil

Hello,

It was nice reading this whole thread.
I'm restoring a same unimog to make also a camper of it.
It will take som years to build it.

Regards Berthil.

Attachments

• P1100664.jpg
    P1100664.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 189
  • P1100217.jpg
    P1100217.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 185

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Thanks so much for introducing yourself, Berthil, and for providing pictures of your new truck. Best of luck with your restoration.

If you have time to keep us informed as work progresses, they'll be many of us who are interested.

I don't know whether you've already seen it or not, but there's another Camper Mog thread with some current information about what's gone on with it since I sold it a few years ago, and there are a few useful links in it:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/7239

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Thank you, Berthil,

I really enjoyed seeing all of the work you're doing. Thanks for making the pictures available.

It looks as if your twin is still gainfully employed selling coffee in Seattle. I did find one picture of her not in traffic:

attachment.php

http://www.motofishcoffee.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles