High output alternator

Howard70

Adventurer
What year is your truck? The stock alternator increased to 140 amps around 2010 to 2012 (I'm not certain of the date - our 2014 and our 2017 both had the 140). If yours is less that 140 and 140 would suit your needs a new one from Fuso might work?

Howard

Recommended books for Overlanding

What year is your truck? The stock alternator increased to 140 amps around 2010 to 2012 (I'm not certain of the date - our 2014 and our 2017 both had the 140). If yours is less that 140 and 140 would suit your needs a new one from Fuso might work?

Howard
It’s an 2006. Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out.

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skippythedog

Observer
Call Blanchard Electric in Seattle at Boeing Field....press "shop" extension and ask for Todd....he's a whiz....I just ran over the same question for my 07.......essentially, it comes down to the plug configuration which he called an "L and R".....He said, "Hell, we can probably fit anything you want, maybe even up to 240 amps...." You might have to build a bracket or spacer.

Call Blanchard Electric in Seattle at Boeing Field....press "shop" extension and ask for Todd....he's a whiz....I just ran over the same question for my 07.......essentially, it comes down to the plug configuration which he called an "L and R".....He said, "Hell, we can probably fit anything you want, maybe even up to 240 amps...." You might have to build a bracket or spacer.
Thanks I’ll check it out.

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recommended books for Overlanding

Overlanding the Americas: La Lucha
by Mr Graeme Robert Bell
From $20
Into Africa
by Sam Manicom
From $24.6
Road Fever (Vintage Departures)
by Tim Cahill
From $7.49

Verkstad

Raggarkung
And that’s relevant to the OP...why?
Big Trolls desire lots of power.
Anyway to the OP.
Despite numerous basic designs. Alternator frames are fairly standardised parts. Should be no problem fitting a higher capacity alternator. Either by direct bolt on or a simple bracket or shim modification.
With higher output, You probably also need to increase conductor sizes appropriately.

Last edited: