High milage on 2015 4x4 F 150

old .45

Observer
I now have 109 k on my F 150, just wondering if I am good to go for many, many more miles, it has been serviced religiously since purchased new in 2015 and I have had no major problems with it, what say......anyone?

givemethewillys

Jonathan Chouinard
My guess is you'll have a string of repairs around now (these things always seem to go in 3's) and then you'll be good to go for another 100k miles before you need to do anything. Keep up your maintenance, change your fluids, and you should be fine for a long time.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
That's like asking if you buy a lottery ticket, will it be a winner? You might blow the motor tomorrow, it might last for another 300,000 miles.

Drive er til she bucks, or buy a new one because they're nice. Lol.

Boatbuilder79

Really the PCM went?
Rough.
The Trans valve body seems to be random from what I have read I'm not seeing tons but it's not exactly rare.

It was bad from the start but it took 118000 miles to break good enough to get ford to fix it.

I took it to the dealer a bunch of times but they it was too intermittent to through a code.

would not fix it until it stranded me.

Now that it is fixed I like the truck a lot better.

and the warranty is up now so no more trips to the stealership.

Trixxx

My boss has a 99 F350 (Gas) and he’s about to roll over 400k miles on the Original engine and transmission. He’s the original owner and has done the maintenance himself.

Vehicles can be a complete hit or miss, at no fault of their owner or how they are serviced. If you like the truck and have invested time/money into making it your own, i wouldn’t hesitate to put another 100k on it. Just continue to be proactive with maintenance.

phsycle

Adventurer
My boss has a 99 F350 (Gas) and he’s about to roll over 400k miles on the Original engine and transmission. He’s the original owner and has done the maintenance himself.

Vehicles can be a complete hit or miss, at no fault of their owner or how they are serviced. If you like the truck and have invested time/money into making it your own, i wouldn’t hesitate to put another 100k on it. Just continue to be proactive with maintenance.

Is it the 5.4 Triton? Or V10?

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Do you have another option in mind?

What engine is it? The EBs are pretty dang decent and the 5.0 is legendary...either way you SHOULD be fine for another 100k.

If you haven't already, take it to the dealer and have them do a 100k service and have them check for any minor recalls and replace whatever they think is warn out.

ZMagic97

Explorer
I daily drive and travel in rigs well over 150,000 miles. Taking care of it, and it'll take care of you.

Sure, some makes/models/components have faults, but no vehicle is perfect.

old .45

Observer
Thanks for all the input... it"s all good so... I think that the best thing I can do is to "fill the tank change the oil and keep on driving" as was said Ha! my son say's " don't get rid of your truck, you and it are very much alike... many miles and a few scars and bumps, but just fine" Good enough advice for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles