High End Flatbed Scanner

Witchdoctor Oz

Adventurer
Im looking for a high end flatbed scanner that is Mac compatible.

I have found a Canon Canoscan CS9000F. It will scan 35mm film strip, 35mm mounted slides & 120 format at 9600x9600 dpi.
Any info good or bad would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
David

Last edited:

Witchdoctor Oz

Adventurer
I have ordered the 9000F on line as no one has them in stock at this time, too new i'm thinking.
When it arrives i will give a report on it.

Cheers
David

haven

Expedition Leader
I'm using an Epson Perfection 4490 flatbed scanner with my iMac. It's got 4800x9600 resolution, and holders for 35mm slides, negatives, and medium format film. Price: $120 USD.

After 5 years in production, the 4490 is still in Epson's catalog. But it's no longer the top of the line. The V600 scanner is Epson's highest resolution model today.

ywen

Explorer
the best flim scanners are not flat bed.. you can probably buy a used Minolta or Nikon dedicated film scanner used on ebay.

edit: Oh you also need to scan 120.. that'll be costly...

edit: yikes! [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Super-CoolScan-9000-Scanner/dp/B0001DYUDE"]Amazon.com: Nikon Super CoolScan 9000 ED Film Scanner: Electronics[/ame]

Witchdoctor Oz

Adventurer
We payed $316.00 delivered to the door, we should have it by the end of the week.
I know a dedicated slide scanner would be a better unit to have but we are getting requests for prints to be scanned to disc or dvd. That is the prime reason for this type of scanner but if 35 & 120 slides scanned are okay that will be a bonus :victory:.

Cheers
David

Lichen

Explorer
The V600 scanner is Epson's highest resolution model today.
I went ahead and bought this scanner. All of my slides had previously been scanned with an older scanner and the dust/scratch marks were terrible. I rescanned a couple last night and used the whateveritscalled dust cleaner. Look better but something seems off with the texture of the sky. Any ideas?

Before
attachment.php

After
attachment.php

Before
attachment.php

After
attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member