Hi lift jack

Just ordered a Hi Lift extreme 60" jack. What accesories would you buy? I have a 2000 Taco stock bumpers with recovery hooks added to the rear. I need this as my do all recovery/trail repair lift. Sugestions please!

XJINTX

Explorer
You will need sliders as a point for the jack to attach on. If you had an aftermarket front or or rear bumper to attach to that would help also. They make D-rings that are specially applicated for Hi-Lift mounting points.

For pulling out in a stuck situation and if you have recovery points than a length of chain in needed. Chain will not stretch like a recovery strap. Note the chain adds extra weight in storage. You will need a way to fasten the chain both to the jack and to a pull point. D-Rings will work well for a lot of applications. So a tree saver strap is nice to have around too.

You can checkout recovery kits they have all or most of what is normally required.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
A hi-lift mate is a must with a newer vehicle. It's slid over the nose of the jack and uses hooks to lift a rim, or whatever else.

http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/lift-mate.html

What has been mentioned and:

Off road base, cotter pin to remove base plate, grease (keep it with you), choker chain, tree strap, tow strap, wheel chalks, d shackle, overland journal!

... add small saw or hatchet, a shovel, and you have yourself a capable recovery kit.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
You can also use a synthetic winch line extension in place of the chain. Its more expensive than chain, but is lighter and will generally give you more reach. It can be shortened and adjusted by using a non-tensioned knot system with a removable 'pike' (?). At least that is what I think you call it....

DSC03605.jpg

No sliders. I was thinking a short strap that would hook to the recovery points on the front or back and then to a shackel on the jack. I dont want to invest to much into the truck as I intend to replace it in about 18 months.

michaelgroves

Explorer
You can also use a synthetic winch line extension in place of the chain. Its more expensive than chain, but is lighter and will generally give you more reach. It can be shortened and adjusted by using a non-tensioned knot system with a removable 'pike' (?).

I definitely like the idea of using synthetic winch line in place of chain or wire rope. Keep in mind that any knots, tensioned or not, will reduce the breaking strain of the rope by a huge factor (it may well be less than half the rated breaking strain). Most synthetic lines will be comfortably within the limits of a Hi-lift Jack, though.

keezer36

Adventurer
What has been mentioned and:

Off road base, cotter pin to remove base plate, grease (keep it with you), choker chain, tree strap, tow strap, wheel chalks, d shackle, overland journal!

... add small saw or hatchet, a shovel, and you have yourself a capable recovery kit.

Safety
First and foremost, the wheel chocks!

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
x2 on the Lift Mate. If you need to build up under a tire it saves you having to fully extend your suspension (or crawling underneath to chain your axle to your chassis) before your tire lifts.

01tundra

Explorer
If you end up getting sliders, I would recommend an adapter such as the one I'm using (wabfab) - and "NO", I have no affiliation what so ever with the vendor, other than the fact that he asked to use a picture of my truck for his website. Somebody else may make a similar product, but this is the one I ran across when I was in the market for one and it's served me well for a few years now -

sapcblack.jpg

Also, a custom heavy duty base can be really handy when the conditions are sloppy -

spare-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94