HF Assistance

Aaron Wasson

In the rear with the gear
I could run the line straight up to the antenna instead of through the side of the bed there. I have changed direction on the bed step. Original plan was to have a soft tonneau on the back. I've changed to moving the tent and everything to a trailer and sticking a camper shell on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron Wasson

Figured it out. I'll have to rerun a couple cables, but you can get the inserts for the tacoma bed rails and I'll make/have made a bracket to hold the tuner up high behind the window and between the bed and rack.
d04d72c454ffe0aa07ab2ac617ee10a5.jpg

It will be in this dead spot.

Aaron Wasson

Have you looked at pictures here http://k0bg.com? There may be hints in the text or in the voluminous install pics to help.

Yeah. I'm actually working with him by email to get everything working right. He gave me a few places to start and I'm just waiting for parts to come in.

Frdmskr

Adventurer
Yeah. I'm actually working with him by email to get everything working right. He gave me a few places to start and I'm just waiting for parts to come in.

Excellent! Best guy for the job. Good luck!

binrat

Observer
From my experience for remote mobile tuners is the distance between the tuner and antenna is very important. I had 1 for a short time and found it worked well with the antenna / tuner distance was about 8" apart. I have since changed vehicles and no longer run a tuner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles