HF Assistance

Aaron Wasson

In the rear with the gear
I'm checking to see if there is anyone outside of Texas that would be interested in helping me with my HF rig.

I have no trouble with PSK and Winmor, but I can't tell if anyone can actually hear me.

I can do everything up to 80m.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frdmskr

Adventurer
You try checking into one of the 40m nets? ECARS...SouthCARS, MidCARS all operate 7200-7300 during the day. 7 days a week.

Aaron Wasson

I'm in my apartment for a few minutes. Can I pm you when I walk outside?

rambrush

Adventurer
Yep I heard you pretty good then typical band conditions fluttered in and out and now we have solar wind going on. But at least your radio is working

Aaron Wasson

What would you say report wise? I could hear you pretty well, then nothing.

Aaron Wasson

Icom 706mkiig/ah4 tuner and a 8ft whip on a spring. It's stays bent over during the day. It's like 15-16ft tall when up. Then I have a UHF/VHF dual and antenna on the other side.

Then it's hooked up to my Toughbook for winlink and PSK

Frdmskr

Adventurer
That set-up will work ok on the 20m to 10m bands. Not so well below there. 40m a Hamstick will suffice but not very well. Below that need a bit more for an effective antenna. glad you are getting out and even better someone using digital! Hope to work you someday!

Aaron Wasson

I have ham sticks at the apartment. Just easier to leave this on there for daily use. If I'm parked somewhere, yeah I'll use ham sticks.

We have talked to Poland on here before, but that could have been the band.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
what do you have for the ground side of this antenna system

try running some more ground radials around the place if you can, if you dont already, or add more

ditch the hamsticks, build yourself a bug catcher style antenna & you'll get a couple more DB's on the transmit side

larger wire, skin effect it'll surely help

if you base load it, you'll need less inductance that center loading

good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online