Hey Moderators... Rules??

Model97

This may be where some of the confusion comes in. Under the Rules for Posting info, the only mention about ‘thread count’ (no, not talking about cheap sheets here?) is the below highlighted line ⬇

You are considered to be a business if you:
1. Are trying to sell any products not in your immediate possession
2. Are trying to sell a single product which is NEW and in a quantity greater than 5 units
3. Are trying to sell a single product which is USED in a quantity greater than 10 units
4. Repeatedly sell similar items on a regular basis
5. Reference your own website external to your post for more information, products or services
6. You manufacture, design or resell products
7. You are conducting research or trying to gather data or consumer opinion on a product design
8. Have a post count less than 50.

But I do agree with the concerns shared by others that the for sale forum has been getting way to full of over priced rigs posted by newbies with attitudes who don’t contribute anything else of value to the forums.
I saw the original of your avatar in person, for real, in Torino a number of years ago. It was surreal.

out.wandering.McL

I did not read through all of the 6 pages of this thread, but as someone who has been on here for a couple of years and really appreciated the site, but not posted much, I am glad that now that I am selling our sprinter, I am able to list it here. 50 posts is a high number. I would think that there should be some credit for being a member for a long period of time and/or a way to engage other than just "50 posts". I have helped several friends find vehicles by referring them to listings here. I hear some of the same complaints over on backpacking light where I have posted a lot more as that is where the things I am most familiar with such as Nav and backpacking gear are discussed. Anyway, I am glad the site does not limit people from posting. peace

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I did not read through all of the 6 pages of this thread, but as someone who has been on here for a couple of years and really appreciated the site, but not posted much, I am glad that now that I am selling our sprinter, I am able to list it here. 50 posts is a high number. I would think that there should be some credit for being a member for a long period of time and/or a way to engage other than just "50 posts". I have helped several friends find vehicles by referring them to listings here. I hear some of the same complaints over on backpacking light where I have posted a lot more as that is where the things I am most familiar with such as Nav and backpacking gear are discussed. Anyway, I am glad the site does not limit people from posting. peace
One Less Sprinter.

trabs00

Lifetime Social Distancer
Can we cancel "turn-key"
Think I've hit my saturation point reading it in most of these ads.
Many, many vehicles that can drive-over, land, start by turning a key.

We should call out those ads for vehicles that are push button start, but described as " turn key"
Liar! Not a turn key!!! Haha. ?

Last edited:

trabs00

Lifetime Social Distancer
I hear you.
50 isn't a magic number, IMO just an idea thrown out there to maybe spark ideas on how to prevent this site from becoming "Craig's Overlanding List." I appreciate your viewpoint; I am on many forums for different things and minimum posts isn't the end all...

I have many forums I've been a member of for years and years, lurking, reading and learning but not posting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles