Herksute Gen 3 build thread

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
The RRO supersliders are a nice fit. I trimmed the plastic "mud guards" for a clean transition.
The skid set from ADD are nice, but you can save a few dollars by fabbing them up yourself.

Below is a thread I posted years ago...

Sorry to hear you are closing your build thread, I've enjoyed following your progress.
Cheers

plh

Explorer
The Mitsubishi side of this website seems to be drying up, I am used to iH8mud for my fj80s and fzj80s,
Thanks for a great forum to gain knowledge on the Mitsubishi platform!
Next parts are the Pioneer Rhino Rack set up and ADD skid set and Rocky Road Outfitters Supersliders.

Moderators you can close this thread.

Please don't close it. I want to know the front fitment and I'm sure there are several others as well. Agreed forums in general don't get much traffic compared to years ago, plus there are not many Monteros in the USA and none new for 14 years. Not like the Toyotas where you can run to the showroom and buy a new Tacoma, LC, 4Runner etc...

Herksute

Ok here is where I am at now.....

Sorry for the drama. Just sucked to have to deal with the damage from neighbors trampoline to my $1500 Monty.
With another $4700 in parts for her...
You can definitely see the HD coils sit higher until bumper gets mounted, I am doing standard grill mod and new headlights. No trimming for the 295s, I did a test drive full lock turns, reverse down driveways. No off road articulation, but with sidesteps and no front bumper or fender liners so far I am good.
IMG_20200529_104253.jpgIMG_20200529_104257.jpgIMG_20200529_104303.jpgIMG_20200529_104309.jpg

Herksute

When I removed sidesteps I also took off EVERYTHING I could, Still to be seen what will need to be trimmed off ARB bumper when fitted, I have to have the frame horns fixed by a welder anyway. So we can trim then and I do need to move holes up for spare tire mount.
With the new wheels I no longer use acorns, so my plan is to drill holes an inch or so higher, then out well bolts in, tack weld and use my Gorilaz security lugs.

ChrisCosta416

You will need to trim the ARB bumper once on. The front will need to be trimmed maybe 1-2 inches. In addition you will have to trim parts of the fender behind the front tire. When off-road with your tires turning and tires pushed in during compression it will rub.

Herksute

The pic doesn't show it but I literally pouned flat/ removed everything I could see, I will try and take better pics so you can tell me if I need more finessing!!!

Herksute

A few pics this AM, getting front windows tinted. First highway drive for me, she tracks well. This is my 3rd set of Patagonias, I love them. The HD coils are not quite as ruff as I was anticipating, even with no semblance of a front bumper or my spare tire it wasn't uncomfortable IMHO. I also tried to attach a pic of what has been removed behind front wheels.
Also the Atoto A6 headunit is awesome.IMG_20200531_101045.jpgIMG_20200531_101101.jpgIMG_20200531_101108.jpg

Herksute

Next on my list (after ARB install ) is RRO Supersliders 63".
I am taking my Dremel to the plastic bits to just clean up some lines before they get here.

Herksute

New issue, I have driven the Monty about 150 miles since installing lift tires etc.
The other day I went to O'Reilly's to pick up spark plugs, cabin air filter, and a bunch of 75w90 Gear oil.
When I went to start Monty it started and ran for 5 seconds then died.
CEL came on, I Scanned and received this little nugget of info.....IMG_20200603_104217.jpg

Herksute

I will be trimming EVERYTHING that is unnecessary plasma and 4" cut off wheels make quick work. I took off factory skid to sand and paint, ordering some lights for bumper tonight.
This weekend hopefully finish the system. Adding Kicker 8" subwoofer stock location, and adding Alpine PdV9 amp in stock location with 2 pairs of Kicker 6.5".
I am using 1" spacers and adding a 3rd pair of 6.5" in very back on D Pillars. This helps when we go to drive in movies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles