Here's something you don't see every day, SWAT Truck Project

Third

Actually, there is a way to do a walk-thru but it can a good amount of work.

You first have to determine placement and relocate anything in the way between cab and box. On like the LMTV/MTV trucks, it's a PITA because it involves relocating the hydraulic spare tire lowering system, cab power distribution box, air intake stack/filter, etc.

But beyond that it's basically a "docking collar" system. Typically a small metal visor off the cab and an accordion-type boot. Surprisingly inexpensive to build, but again the work involved depends on what's between cab and box.

I know of severl, but there is one really cool passage build I recall that sticks out. I'll see if I can locate a link for it.

patoz

Expedition Leader
I see the Ford emblem on the front of it, but what model truck is that? Also, it looks like it's 2WD, correct?

My build is a Wheeled Coach Type I Ambulance rear body, mounted on a custom built trailer frame with a 10,000 lb. Rockwell trailer axle underneath it. If, in the future I decided to remount it on a truck frame, that is the type of truck I would like to use, but 4WD. The blunt nose and short wheelbase would definitely be an asset.

Never mind, I found it. It's a Ford 7000. (y)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke