Here is How the 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Delivers the Torque to the Ground

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
All the new wheels with the black accents remind me of the old Turbine wheels from the 70's

bfffee053ef50efd40380eb10558799a.jpg
I had those on my old lifted '86 Dodge RamCharger back in the day. 318 - 1 barrel and a 4 speed. Man was that thing slow... I used to start out in 2nd gear and I was in 3rd before leaving the intersection....

dodge-ramcharger-1983-3.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
I had those on my old lifted '86 Dodge RamCharger back in the day. 318 - 1 barrel and a 4 speed. Man was that thing slow... I used to start out in 2nd gear and I was in 3rd before leaving the intersection....

View attachment 498473

They were on a '71 Chevelle I bought years ago, hated 'em! Swapped them out for some "Slots". No pics of the Turbines...must of hated them so much I didn't take any pictures. :D

62048_435188764629_6683413_n.jpg

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
No worries.

They don't understand #'s that big. They don't even know that their front driveshaft spins in 2wd. Haha.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I had a gm truck where the walleye vision part of the mirror, only showed the side of the truck, and could go no wider.
So I'm not hopeful.

Kingsize24

35,500 max towing capacity, I bet the Dodge Cummings crowd is about to loose it.

I assume you mean Ram Cummins? Also, I think most could care less about it's 2wd, dually, single cab max tow designation. It is simply ugly as sin. Ford and Ram keep making them look better, and GM keeps making them more hideous, then puts a square hole over the round wheels/tires. Ugly, simple as that. And that is coming from someone that usually loves GM products. I've had plenty, and still do.

33940329899.jpg46780376322 (1).jpg34533339515.jpg25988220959.jpg20171208_213304.jpg

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
I don’t like how thy put a tiny knob for 4wd on the left side. Those off-road engaging buttons should be very clear and easy to understand.
Can they bring levers back, even a fake one?

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I had a gm truck where the walleye vision part of the mirror, only showed the side of the truck, and could go no wider.
So I'm not hopeful.
Yeah I still haven't figured out how to adjust mine so that I like them.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
, and GM keeps making them more hideous, then puts a square hole over the round wheels/tires.
I don't know why GM is the only one that gets hated on for square wheel wells. The wheel wells on these two iconic trucks both look pretty square to me...

Dodge01.jpg

3ffb0c92b5dcd2c53eca98d1ce2e7c03.jpg

Personally, I've always loved the '73-'87... or '91 if talking 2500 / 3500 / Suburban / Blazer GM trucks...

fallguy13.jpg

Kingsize24

I don't know why GM is the only one that gets hated on for square wheel wells. The wheel wells on these two iconic trucks both look pretty square to me...

They have all had them at one point or another, but GM persists with it. It makes for a horrible way to fit tires. It has always been a pain to fit tires without raising the vehicle too high with square wheel wells. Round ones lend themselves well to large tires with minimal lift to help keep a lower center of gravity. Besides that, this truck looks horrendous IMO.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
The first two trucks are all nothing, but dust by now.

And the 3rd one has nice Bushwacker cut out fender flares to fix the problem. I've never seen those on new gm's yet, if they even exist.

Wallygator

Adventurer

View attachment 498473

My Dad had one of those. We used it to rescue kidney patients and got them to the hospital for treatment during the blizzard of '78 in Northern Ohio. A National Guardsman was with us and helped get the people to the Ramcharger with my Dad. Some of the snow drifts in the neighborhoods were above the hood of the Ramcharger and they had to walk a few times to these peoples houses. I remember it all. I was 10.

My Dad's had a 440 in it and was pretty stout. He ended up selling it and I watched the guy drive it away. He backed it out of the driveway and floored it driving away. A week after the sale he told me the guy rolled it and totaled it. That was one of my favorite vehicles he owned because of that trip in the blizzard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Blizzard_of_1978

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles