Here is a legendary Toyota Land Cruiser BJ71 FJ 70 Series Diesel 4x4 - $16500 (Atlant

zolo

Explorer
Found this, No affiliation. Haven't seen it in person but its got all the right specs.
It seems fishy however as he states he will be driving it to Argentina for the Dakar in FEB if it doesn't sell. And the 2013 Dakar Starts in January not Feb. So he will have missed the race. I wonder whats up with this truck?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/3455122240.html

Last edited:

jessejman

Adventurer
Ga only requires a rear plate. The front can be whatever, old or even out of state. I'm with you guys though; it sounds a little off.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Yeah, but it could be genuine; the grammar in the ad appears to be a result of the Atlanta public school system. ;)

zimm

Expedition Leader
in this day and age, with 8mp cameras on cell phones, anyone that posts ****ty pictures of a car for sale, especially one they know has a limited fanbase, has nefarious intentions, albeit a scam or rust.

Elbee

Adventurer
Imported in 1987? I don't think that would be legal, if was imported in 1987. If was imported after the 25 year mark, then the guy just needs to work on his grammar.
Is it possible to look up the plate and see if it is actually registered to a land-cruiser?

Last edited:

lowenbrau

Explorer
The seller has a vivid imagination. It looks like a plain old Canadian spec rig to me. Besides the left hand steering, JDM rigs didn't get the side marker lights, nor the dashlight dimmer switch. It was originally that blue/grey colour that Canada got in '87 before someone painted it white.

lowenbrau

Explorer
Yup Canadian

JT3BJ71V7H0006757

12/15/2007 CHEMAINUS, BC Motor Vehicle Dept. CANADIAN RENEWAL

12/13/2008 CHEMAINUS, BC Motor Vehicle Dept. CANADIAN RENEWAL

12/19/2009 CHEMAINUS, BC Motor Vehicle Dept. CANADIAN RENEWAL

08/14/2010 DUNCAN, BC Motor Vehicle Dept. CANADIAN RENEWAL

12/04/2010 DUNCAN, BC Motor Vehicle Dept. CANADIAN RENEWAL

11/26/2011 DUNCAN, BC Motor Vehicle Dept. CANADIAN RENEWAL

04/28/2012 BC Motor Vehicle Dept. CANADIAN RENEWAL

10/27/2012 DUNCAN, BC Motor Vehicle Dept. CANADIAN RENEWAL

11/01/2012 ATLANTA, GA Motor Vehicle Dept.

TITLE (Title #:8794123060002)
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
EXCLUDED/EXEMPT

11/03/2012 BC Motor Vehicle Dept. CANADIAN RENEWAL

chet

island Explorer
run away! last two pics are not of the rig. The first pics show a warn 8274 winch not PTO and the bumpers are different. I think I remember seeing this rig around town.

zolo

Explorer
Now that I have thought more about this truck, I have seen it before.
Over at ACC Toyota. A Toyota 4wd only shop here in ATL. They are near my shop. I will have to ask them about it and see what the deal is.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
It also has Funrace stickers from venezuela

and the last two stock pics are from the Fun race too..TMT the water mark is a 4x4 parts manufacturer

George seems a funny name for a venezuelan !

Its a "Macho" down this end of the world.

japan also drives on the left like the UK - ie it would be RHD if it came from japan not LHD

so it did not come from there either

Looks pretty though

zolo

Explorer
The owner is confused about what he has but, It is one of ACCs customers and they have stated its a pretty decent truck.
So for what its worth outside of the add being written by his nephew. The truck is real despite its long list of wrong info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles