Here are some HAM Radio License Study Guides

While scouring the web for info on HAM radios and the licenses required to use them, I found a study guide for obtaining both a General Class and Technician Class HAM radio license. I had no part in the making of this material. For that, you can thank Dan Romanchik as it was he who made this guide to help those interested in procuring a HAM license do so. As long as you don't charge anyone for this information, he stated that he has no problem with it being spread around. Big thanks to Dan for making this information free and easily accessable.

The No-Nonsense, Technician Class License Study Guide. By Dan Romanchik

The No-Nonsense, General Class License Study Guide. By Dan Romanchik

Cheers,
Brandon

D

Deleted member 48574

Great resource! Thanks for sharing!

Regards
Craig

Ramjet

Explorer
I really hate to ask a very dumb question, but here it goes. I'm takin the test at OX13. I do not have any License what so ever. I have the General Class Study Guide and am reading through it now, but need to know if I have to have the Technician Certification before the General Certification. From what I can tell from reading the manual is that I should but don't necessarily have to?? Thanks.

Expedition Leader
I really hate to ask a very dumb question, but here it goes. I'm takin the test at OX13. I do not have any License what so ever. I have the General Class Study Guide and am reading through it now, but need to know if I have to have the Technician Certification before the General Certification. From what I can tell from reading the manual is that I should but don't necessarily have to?? Thanks.

You have to take and pass the Technician Class test before you can test for General Class, but you can take them both (one after the other) at the same testing session and only have to pay the single fee.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Lee is right, the VEC is going to need to see that you passed both element 2 and element 3 to accept the testing. The FCC won't issue a General license to someone that does not have or has passed a Technician exam. You can go straight through in one day if you wish, but the bulk of people do Tech or Tech & General. There have been people who go from none to Extra, but it's rare.

Ramjet

Explorer
Dang it. I guess I need to get the Technician Manual as well. I hit up the study guides above and see what it is I need to take for both exams at Expo. Thank you.

kaputt

I used Dan Romanchik's guide for my Technician test. I thought it was great. I am studying the General license guide from him now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior