Her name is Majesty

99Discovery

Adventurer
Awesome build! What happened to your parts rig? I must have missed that story?

Your engine temps are on the warmish side for idle (but well below concern). Do you have the 180F thermostat in? I can hit 194, but it's usually in 4-low on the trails in triple digit heat . I'm usually 188-190. I would expect that of a rig that has recently had it's cooling re-done.

TRIARII

Adventurer
Awesome build! What happened to your parts rig? I must have missed that story?

Your engine temps are on the warmish side for idle (but well below concern). Do you have the 180F thermostat in? I can hit 194, but it's usually in 4-low on the trails in triple digit heat . I'm usually 188-190. I would expect that of a rig that has recently had it's cooling re-done.

Temps are just fine. 194 at idle on a hot 80 degree day, with the A/C at full power. The ENTIRE cooling system is new save for the heater core. Plus 4 cooling system flushes just for extra measure. My average driving temps with a/c blasting on hot muggy day is between 183-194. Average temps at idle with a/c on is 188-197. All is well ?

The parts truck is parked. Im still switching over all the new/good parts from the old to this truck. Next up is the TerraFirma suspension. Afterwards Ill be pulling the engine, transmission and transfer case. Probably the power steering gearbox and the rear axle as well. Gonna keep said parts for spares and I still need to figure out what went wrong with the Turner block. The rear axle will be mated to a M416 trailer that Im gonna be building soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles