Hemi Wrangler or Gladiator or both?

smlobx

Wanderer
As we all suspected, Jeep just confirmed it's going into production!

No word on the Gladiator

-Dan

‘That’s great news for those that want one. I would assume that they will have a larger fuel tank as well. I think Ford’s new Bronco with a 6 cylinder twin turbo option pushed Jeep a little faster than it may have liked. Either way competition is good for all ofus.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Cost will probably be inline with the diesel. Most likely the same transmission as the diesel.
Mileage will probably be better or same as the 3.6 but with more power. But, let's be honest, it will be hard to keep your foot out of it for the first 10yrs of ownership.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
The preview for launch video says "Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392". .... so no word on the Gladiator yet, but hopefully we get all the other juicy details

-Dan

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
TFL Video is online with all the details:

It still only tows 3.500
They're guessing the payload is down (they don't know for sure)
They're guessing pricing will be HIGH!!!!

It comes with 3.73s, but you can change that with an option.
Only comes with 33 inch tires.

But it does have low range, only 8 speed auto. Beefier frame. Bigger exhaust.

All-in-all there is no doubt this is the factory V8 Wrangler people have dreamed of for decades!

-Dan

Bama67

Stupid jeep and its 470 HP 392.

All they had to do to sell a ton more Gladiators (or Wranglers) is to put the regular Hemi in them and make it, say, a $3,000 option.
The Hemi is already in basically every Ram they make, even ones you can get for less than 30k.

The Gladiator deserves the regular Hemi V8. And paying up to 60k for a truck with a base v6 that's been out for 8 years and makes an anemic 260ft lbs is insanity and just greedy on Jeeps part.

They get what they deserve when the Bronco and its 400ft lbs shows up.

zb39

Adventurer
Do we need a 400 plus horsepower Jeep? What will be next the Hellcat in a Jeep? I thought you needed good gas mileage for Overlanding not less.
Hell yes we need it. We also need a Hellcat in a 2 door with a manual tranny. You have no idea how many CJ-5's and a few 7's I have had with 304 and 360 V8's. I still miss them............

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
TFL Video is online with all the details:

It still only tows 3.500
They're guessing the payload is down (they don't know for sure)
They're guessing pricing will be HIGH!!!!

It comes with 3.73s, but you can change that with an option.
Only comes with 33 inch tires.

But it does have low range, only 8 speed auto. Beefier frame. Bigger exhaust.

All-in-all there is no doubt this is the factory V8 Wrangler people have dreamed of for decades!

-Dan
Makes sense payload would be down as I am guessing the V8 weighs more than the 6.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Wow, AEV just posted on Facebook about the history of their HEMI converted Wranglers (TJs and JKs).. and at the end, it had this

"PS, for those wondering why we haven’t been working on a HEMI V8 conversion for the JL Wrangler/Gladiator all this time…now you know!
?
"

So there you go, they really did know it was coming!!

-Dan

dstock

Explorer
Wow, AEV just posted on Facebook about the history of their HEMI converted Wranglers (TJs and JKs).. and at the end, it had this

"PS, for those wondering why we haven’t been working on a HEMI V8 conversion for the JL Wrangler/Gladiator all this time…now you know!
?
"

So there you go, they really did know it was coming!!

-Dan

The fact that they mentioned the Gladiator is telling as well.....

Morgan Weafer

Never been a better time to become a Jeep owner.

The new 392 V8 Wrangler is poised to strike just before Ford launches their Bronco. A clear but clever marketing tactic on FCA’s part as Ford’s horse won’t be offered with a V8.

It’s thrilling to see how this new competition will help Jeep develop better products. We can only hope now for Jeep to decide on dropping that 392 into a Gladiator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles