Hema Maps

mindfield

Hey y’all! Just downloaded hema app on my iPhone. I am curious if there is any way to view other people’s routes and trails they’ve driven on?
I know that you can create your own but as a newbie I’m trying to just find a few to get my feet wet. Is that even a thing on that application?

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
I have saved routes that go back 15 years filed away on my lap top and yes they can be shared with others who view maps on OxiExplorer.
They are a .plt file.
The forum rules don't allow me to share one with you here, otherwise I would.
Cheers,
Peter

Last edited:

1Louder

Explorer
You just downloaded an app that has not been updated in over 2 years. Like most GPS app you can import and export GPX tracks. There are much better choices like Gaia GPS and Topo Maps +. Always check the last time an app was updated!

mindfield

You just downloaded an app that has not been updated in over 2 years. Like most GPS app you can import and export GPX tracks. There are much better choices like Gaia GPS and Topo Maps +. Always check the last time an app was updated!
Ahh bummer. I have gaia as well! How do I check others routes and tracks on there? I paid for that membership

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
HEMA maps are designed around the use of OziExplorer mapping software. OziExplorer can be used with pretty much any maps and is a very versatile mapping software. The apps use a simplified CE version.
If you purchase a full copy of OziExplorer it comes with lifetime updates. Mine is from 2003 and I update it to the latest version, from time to time..
It is the mapping software that lets you do stuff, not the maps that the software uses.
Cheers,
Peter

1Louder

Explorer
HEMA maps are designed around the use of OziExplorer mapping software. OziExplorer can be used with pretty much any maps and is a very versatile mapping software. The apps use a simplified CE version.
If you purchase a full copy of OziExplorer it comes with lifetime updates. Mine is from 2003 and I update it to the latest version, from time to time..
It is the mapping software that lets you do stuff, not the maps that the software uses.
Cheers,
Peter

Not available for Apple. I used it decades ago with a CE device and it was a nice app but that doesn't help iPhone users.

1Louder

Explorer
Ahh bummer. I have gaia as well! How do I check others routes and tracks on there? I paid for that membership

There are some routes in the app tap Discover, Filter and only show 4X4 trails. With that said there is a lot more content from outside sources including TrailsOffroad.com, TrailDamage.com and others. Simply search for GPX files on the internet. Gaia help files can help show you how to import them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles