Hema Maps Removed Touring Maps from App in latest Update

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Hi All
You may want to consider what you will loose if you upgrade to the latest Hema 4WD maps. It appears they have removed 28 Touring maps from the package. If this affected you, please let your voice be hear at hemamaps.com
Regards
Steve

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Well I am pleased to advise that we have received an email from Hema support who have indicated that they are working on a mechanism to restore the maps that had been removed. Should be available in the next week or so. This is a good result, and shows the truth in the old adage about the squeaky wheel getting the most oil.

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
This morning we have received an email from Hema support with a solution to the lost maps in the Hema 4wd maps (at least on iOS). if you open up the following link on your iPad or iPhone (wherever you have the app) and then click on the two links therein, it will download the previously removed maps. I am not sure that they all have come back, but enough to make us happy again.
http://kb.hemamaps.com/article/AA-00573/13/
As the support guy stated to us, this is a freshly minted solution, and so we are the field testers. So far it has worked for Alison and I on our iPads, so shouldn't be an issue.
A good solution to a botched update... well done Hema for correcting this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier