Helping Disabled Explorers: The AT Trailer Return Thread

wagner_joe

Adventurer
Ok... Left about 4:30p from Tucson.. Drove till I got tired. About 2.5 hours west still of San Antonio. Hit a light rain. (Nice to actually see!)

Averaging about 2 red bulls, 16 miles to the gallon and yes I do have access on the road. Just can't drive and type... Thank god for BlueTooth.

Gonna got get some grub. Night was uneventful other than we have more Border Patrol locations and that there are more law enforcement officials between Texas State line and I20 change.. Boy.. I must've seen 50 or more.

I think mostly due to the speed limit in Texas or at least I-10 is 80 during the day and 65 at night. I kept it about 7 over and got no issues. Other than are you a US citizen...

I'll try and find my other battery during breakfast to upload what pics I have so far. (not many at night!) Gonna try and buggie closer to FL so I can keep to as many Meet and Greets with the Trailer...

More Later..:roost:

wagner_joe

Adventurer
:xxrotflma Tibaal - Nope the :beer: was awesome.. Just tired of looking at the wallpaper at the Holiday Inn Express.. Too hungry to get this little trip rolling..

:violent-smiley-031:
:violent-smiley-031:

:imagesCADZQMBJ:

JPFreek1

Explorer
RoundOut said:
I've been bouncing between Decatur (northwest of Ft. Worth) and Houston (home) a bunch lately, as I have had a project in the oil patch taking time up there. I'd love to be on the list for either Houston or Dallas, if you make that detour.

Problem for me is, I don't know if I'll be home in Houston or up here in Decatur (where I am now) when you come through. I'll closely watch this thread for details.

Please count me in this group, Joe. I'd love to catch up with you and any fellow Texans on your return through the Lone Star state. Keep us posted. Also, kudos to you for your work on this!

Cheers,

-Frank

wagner_joe

Adventurer
I should be somewhere near Houston around lunch Friday and back Probably Sunday morning... Gotta get a lotta pics with the trailer.. Not as exciting with just a white taco...

More on the return schedule later tonight..

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
UPDATE: He's in Texas

Heard from Joe just a little while ago. He was at Hwy 281 and Loop 1604 in San Antonio heading east.

Not sure of itinerary after here but should be back in San Antonio on Sunday, stay the night at our house then off...somewhere. Dallas I think.

He sounds good. Said he slept at a rest stop for three hours (brave) and felt good. Shiny side up brother!

JPFreek1

Explorer
The BN Guy said:
Heard from Joe just a little while ago. He was at Hwy 281 and Loop 1604 in San Antonio heading east.

Not sure of itinerary after here but should be back in San Antonio on Sunday, stay the night at our house then off...somewhere. Dallas I think.

He sounds good. Said he slept at a rest stop for three hours (brave) and felt good. Shiny side up brother!

Good deal!

Joe, when you get close to Houston shoot me an email, if possible, to fledwell@jpfreek.com and include your phone #. I'd like to catch-up with you today if possible. Thanks and be safe!

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Good morning Joe! we see that you're on the move again about 1/3 of the way to Houston. Looks like you're cooking now.

I know this is a long drive for you and I could say all kinds of parental stuff about being careful and getting enough sleep blah, blah...but you're a big boy and I won't bother you with that. I'll just say don't put beans up your nose and all will be well.

JPFreek1

Explorer
elcoyote said:
Good morning Joe! we see that you're on the move again about 1/3 of the way to Houston. Looks like you're cooking now.

I know this is a long drive for you and I could say all kinds of parental stuff about being careful and getting enough sleep blah, blah...but you're a big boy and I won't bother you with that. I'll just say don't put beans up your nose and all will be well.

Now that's gotta be some of the best "non-parental" advice I've seen yet! Nice one, Mario. :hehe:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
wow look at that boy go....
I keep having Smokey & the Bandit flashbacks...
Convoy....
Teddy Bear....
alll those trucker songs & movies...
Hey Joe you don't have a Chimp in there do ya...ok that dates me as a 80's TV reference :)

mandwag

Spoke to Joe.. he says its more like Cannonball Run...:Mechanic:

He is about 2 hours outside of Tallahassee, he will motel it tonight once he gets there and be in Ft. Myers tomorrow for the reunion with the trailer.

wagner_joe

Adventurer
Some Pics -

Went from the middle of Tx to Tallahassee Fl yesterday. I took a few pics when it wasn't raining. High was 97 degrees with 100% humidity. Low was 72..

It was all road, lots of construction on 10 slowed me down a little. Driving at night is much faster...I think I'm going to begin that on the way back...

Thanks for all who have donated. That's what matters most!

Goal today is meet up with Jim then figure out my plan for the way back.. Personally I'd like to get to Houston by some time tomorrow so I can be within shooting distance of San Antonio too.

Thanks for everyone's support. Leaving the hotel soon..

3513, 3514,3515 - The DE box wanted to get out and show it's childish side
3518 - The cockpit
3519 - Me driving like a bat outta.. (he a good album)
3547 - Entering Mississippi and the box showing off it's determination to catch up to the trailer..
3553 -Storm damage still present in Miss from the hurricanes..

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Oh cool the donation box is cruising now...
For those that missed the joke....my 10yr son said that if Joe was going to be at meet & greet events we needed a "money box" so he took 1 of my cuban cigar boxes (of which he has tons with legos & other toys inside) and printed out the logo and made it as something to travel with Joe...
So when I gave it to Joe I mentioned it would be cool to have pics of it traveling for Martin to see...
Thanks Joe

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
What an adventure! Joe I hope you're having a good time as many of us envy the ability to upsticks and go crosscountry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior