Helper Spring Stoppers

glennm01

I have recently discovered that my 2004 FG649 is missing what the shop guide calls "helper spring stoppers" (part #22 in the diagram below). I found what looks like the right part on eBay:

Unfortunately, the ad only lists a few FE models, and the seller doesn't seem to know much else about them. The part number is MB104718 -- does anyone know if this is likely to work on an '04 FG? Or maybe there's a non-OEM substitute out there that will do the job just fine?

rear_susp.png

canter tourer

Adventurer
I think it'd be highly likely to fit, there is not alot of difference between the 2wd and 4wd models apart from the front axle and they look the same as on the 4wd version.
Dave

cameronsturgess

You may want to consider new bump stops. I removed the spacer on the front bump stop as I found them too firm
35ebbfe4a802891391ccddaa478dd357.jpg

bump stops.
f8e8379f0801484b66973905809e97d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glennm01

Cool pics, Cameron. Thanks. The Timbrens are indeed on my list...very soon. My truck is also missing the rear bump stops it turns out (in addition to the helper spring stoppers), so its helpful to see what the rear setup is supposed to look like. Good stuff.

cameronsturgess

Timbren will tell your local dealer what to order if you call them with the exact dimensions once you’ve lifted the truck. The ones I ordered are different from stock fuso timbren. Call the timbren Engeneering or email them. They are helpful. depending on your truck you may want preload or not. Easy to take out of you don’t like the stiffness. The 1” rubber cylinder closest to mount is optional. That what creates preload on mine.

Timbren

Supporting Sponsor
Cool pics, Cameron. Thanks. The Timbrens are indeed on my list...very soon. My truck is also missing the rear bump stops it turns out (in addition to the helper spring stoppers), so its helpful to see what the rear setup is supposed to look like. Good stuff.
Like mentioned above our engineers love talking to prospective customers and have a wealth of knowledge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior